User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Subdued Winning Reaction vs Saliva plrr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's more like the Arsenal we all want to see, thoroughly professional against inferior opposition, just shows how poor we were in the 1st leg.
    I certainly don't want to see David Luiz and Willian start another Arsenal match, unless it's due to injuries/desperation.
    We're definitely better without Aubameyang for now and him having Malaria may mean we won't see him for the rest of the season anyway.
    Onwards and upwards!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Great win.

Will definitely end in tears with Emery doing us over.
    It is inevitable.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The thought of going out to Emery.

Must beat that clown and win this shit.
    yeah i'm worried about that - it feels like a jinx-type situation - I'm just hoping Villareal fans feel the same but the other way round...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else starting to think that Mari should be first-choice CB atm? He just seems to add that air of calm to the backline that I think we lost when we sold Emi, and we never look like we're about to descend into panic and chaos with him there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C'mon guys. That's too subdued for me. I have as many doubts about Arteta as most on here, but let's enjoy a lovely win.

For once, the manager realised that Laca is effective up front with mobile runners in support. I was in 2 minds about whether Martinelli should have started on the left but Pepe in front of Xhaka worked well, and I don't think Xhaka gets the credit for being really solid out of position there. I was worried about Ceballos in MF but the manager as right to keep the set up that won against Sheffield. Giving Partey that responsibility for anchoring MF really suits him. Also - look at the benefit of keeping a well working CB pairing - even if Luis and Gabriel may be better individual 'footballers'.

So he resisted changing too much, and we looked really well balanced and mobile - albeit that Sparta were poor, both in approach and execution.

I'm not going overboard, and I will not believe that Arteta has turned a corner until we have played well against proper opposition and shown some consistency. We need to see what happens when Luis and Auba are fit...and it'll take more than this to break the manager's Willian fetish.

But let's at least acknowledge the success that the manager has made of a mix and match team with 4 previous nailed on starters out. Can't remember us being this devastating going forwards and secure at the back for a while and it felt great.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The thought of going out to Emery.

Must beat that clown and win this shit.
    Great result.

We aint winning shit.

Calm your excitement because dissapointment is ahead.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think I’m capable of disappointment where Arsenal is concerned.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Anyone else starting to think that Mari should be first-choice CB atm? He just seems to add that air of calm to the backline that I think we lost when we sold Emi, and we never look like we're about to descend into panic and chaos with him there.
    yes i think he should be first choice - you kind of don't notice him until he calmly works a bit of skill, which i always think is a good sign

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    I don’t think I’m capable of disappointment where Arsenal is concerned.
    There's always next year's away kit to look forward to in bitter anticipation.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    yes i think he should be first choice - you kind of don't notice him until he calmly works a bit of skill, which i always think is a good sign
    Or when he outpaces Vardy out of nowhere! Seriously, where did that come from?

It’s his effect on the rest of the defence that I really like, though - the rest of them just seem so much less jittery when he’s there.