User Tag List

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: European Super League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to harness this current spirit of unity and get the backing of fans of all clubs for #KroenkeOut. They’ve already wrecked our club and they very nearly destroyed the league - it’s in everyone’s best interest that they’re removed ASAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see that snake gone, but difficult to know what can realistically be done to get him out?

And what happens next. As Arseblog says this morning, the chances of finding a 'good guy' billionaire owner are pretty slim.

Does it need Government intervention to stop these power grabs? Is that even remotely feasible? I love the 51% rule but how realistic is it to implement here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    We need to harness this current spirit of unity and get the backing of fans of all clubs for #KroenkeOut. They’ve already wrecked our club and they very nearly destroyed the league - it’s in everyone’s best interest that they’re removed ASAP.
    I'm in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so, it looks to me like Woodward and Perez called everyone up at the weekend and told them that the ESL was happening, Man U were in and if they didn't follow they'd be out in the cold

so they had to issue statements in a hurry saying they were part of it

that's why they hadn't time to talk to managers and players etc

it was blackmail and the clubs all went for it (as would everton, burnley and any other po-faced bunch of hypocrits who've been publicly criticising it)

that's why the Arsenal statement on Sunday was so perfunctory

I'm not trying to give the Kroenkes an easy ride and tbh if their plan was always to get an ESL so they could not have to compete and just watch the money come in, they might now sell (although again we need to be careful what we wish for because we could have worse)

but while it's easy to laugh at last night's statement from Arsenal, it reads better than a lot of those from other clubs (especially Levy's I'm pleased to say)

after all, if they didn't apologise and say they made a mistake we'd be demanding they did just that wouldn't we?

but it's a shame Arteta and the players weren't as vocal as Klopp, Henderson, Pep, KDB and others

but Neville can truly eff off, he was part of a club that bullied and cheated its way to titles year after year

so we've all had a really worrying 2-3 days while this played out, but at least we can know it won't be tried again for a long long time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a pretty good statement, to be fair.

It's just...I don't believe a word of it. Sure, they're sorry that so many fans basically told them to fuck off and that they would be withdrawing their custom, they care about the money potentially drying up. But that's all.

And sure, you could say "well, it's not the players' fault, it's not Arteta's fault". And you'd be right. But it's not like the players care about us or the club either. It's all screwed.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charles Egan from talksport tweeted last night that KSE had alerted JP Morgan Chase, that they are ready to sell Arsenal after the collapse of the super league

https://twitter.com/CharIesEgan/stat...190397953?s=20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well last year Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote expressed an interest in purchasing Arsenal but had other commitments to finish first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It was a pretty good statement, to be fair.

It's just...I don't believe a word of it. Sure, they're sorry that so many fans basically told them to fuck off and that they would be withdrawing their custom, they care about the money potentially drying up. But that's all.

And sure, you could say "well, it's not the players' fault, it's not Arteta's fault". And you'd be right. But it's not like the players care about us or the club either. It's all screwed.
    well you have to think about who 'they' are - i'm willing to bet there's some staff at the club who do care about its history and fans.

as for Arteta and the players i don't think you can tar them all with the same brush - i suspect they all had their own thoughts, varying from "great i'll rake it in and don't have to play well" to "this is totally against what i think football's about"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Charles Egan from talksport tweeted last night that KSE had alerted JP Morgan Chase, that they are ready to sell Arsenal after the collapse of the super league

https://twitter.com/CharIesEgan/stat...190397953?s=20
    wouldn't it be great if Wenger led a consortium of people who weren't guilty of fraud, genocide or human rights abuses - i'm not holding out much hope though...
    Last edited by Mac76; 21-04-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Well last year Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote expressed an interest in purchasing Arsenal but had other commitments to finish first.
    He's had "other commitments" for about a decade.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.