User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Fans vs KSE - Protest, 18:00 BST (23/04, SSN)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your interest in our affairs.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would wager Kroenke has no idea how Arsenal fans feel and doesn’t care to know either, he probably couldn’t name half the squad and I bet he doesn’t even know the rules of “soccer”.

It’s all futile. For a protest to have any chance of making a difference, the perpetrator has to first acknowledge their short comings. Kroenke has no idea what Arsenal is other than it’s a business that makes him a lot of money.

He has destroyed the club on and off the pitch in his 10 years with us, as many predicted he would at the start judging by his track record with sports teams in America.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember Gary called it. He knew of Kronke from his ownership of teams in the States.

This whole incident has been interesting, it's thrown up the term of "legacy fans". Who knew that they thought this way?
    I guess it's obvious when you think about it, there's a whole global audience out there. All that lovely money.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I remember Gary called it. He knew of Kronke from his ownership of teams in the States.

This whole incident has been interesting, it's thrown up the term of "legacy fans". Who knew that they thought this way?
    I guess it's obvious when you think about it, there's a whole global audience out there. All that lovely money.
    Exactly this, and probably the biggest point that was missed by Sky, etc.

They kept banging on about 'the fans'.

Why would they care about 200m fans in the UK & Europe, when they have access to 500m + around the world

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about it, I reckon Sky are largely to blame for a lot of this.

I've never been one to insist you support your "local team" or made a distinction between people who go to the ground and those who are more "armchair fans".
    But, practically, back in the day supporting a local team made sense. If I'm in London then sure, I can look up Utd's results in the paper, maybe a few games would be on the wireless. And very rarely I might get to see them on TV but that was about it.
    But now it's easy, many games are on live, I can support them from anywhere. And that applies globally. It starts to tap into a bigger fan base in the country and then around the world. Money streaming in from all parts of the world. Woo-hoo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s the global fans who tend to be more fanatical about it too, probably due to not being able to attend games and seeing the whole thing as an entertainment spectacle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We the global fanbase will be with you in spirit...OR Zoom call or Microsoft Teams
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. I was just about to post this

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar