User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WGC Goon View Post
    I've seen reports but I'm a bit confused about Bergkamp, Henry and Vieira's roles in this.

Are they chipping in financially to the takeover bid or fronting the PR campaign for it?
    well i've no idea what those players are worth but it will be nothing like what Ek is valued at, so I'd imagine it will be mainly advice and support, not just PR but on making the the club work well in the footballing sense and to get fans on board
    Last edited by Mac76; 26-04-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WGC Goon View Post
    I've seen reports but I'm a bit confused about Bergkamp, Henry and Vieira's roles in this.

Are they chipping in financially to the takeover bid or fronting the PR campaign for it?
    although Vieira, Henry and Bergkamp are probably fairly wealthy individuals. They aren't billionaires so cant contribute financially but perhaps they are there for PR
    I doubt he will use his money for the purchase but rather purchase through loans and debt and use the club to cover the costs as who wouldn't unless you are mega billionaires.

Will Kroenke sell... well he doesn't care what the fans think so no pressure from there, so its just is the price right. Its not like Arsenal are going to get relegated.

but at least this adds a bit of excitement to Arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kroenke ain’t selling - not until all avenues to resurrect some kind of super league are dead. And anyone who could actually afford to buy him out would likely be just as bad.

At this point I’d settle for KSE hiring the right CEO and DoF and just leaving them to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Kroenke ain’t selling - not until all avenues to resurrect some kind of super league are dead. And anyone who could actually afford to buy him out would likely be just as bad.

At this point I’d settle for KSE hiring the right CEO and DoF and just leaving them to it.
    Yeah - I kind of agree.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are demanding the government do something about this. Like take 51% of Stan's shares and hand them to the fans. I think they underestimate how powerful the corporation has become in the last few decades - far, far more powerful than any state in terms of legal privilege. It's hard to imagine any entity that has more legal rights than the corporation. As rights are revoked for the individual the legal entitlement of the corporation goes from strength to and was almost cemented beyond revocation by the horrific "trade" deals the globalists are trying to push through. I doubt the government would be able to lay a glove on Stan.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kronke saying he’s not selling.
    So there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Kronke saying he’s not selling.
    So there.
    There are two things behind that statement in my opinion

1. They genuinely mean it and if so, on we go with the same old shit

2. If the price is right they will sell but they want as much money as possible so by saying no now, it starts to push the price up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Yeah - I kind of agree.
    Who knows if the Kroenkes might sell, or how long that might take? I think we need to concentrate on things that we can change: CEO > Technical Director / DoF > Head coach. Get the right people running the show and the Kroenkes can just fade into the background - they’re good at that.

At the very least I think Vinnai needs to go ASAP. Seems like a nice enough guy, but he’s been made to look like a mug twice now: once when he got grifted by that fake car company and now with this super league business. Either he was complicit in the attempted ESL coup, in which case he should resign in shame, or he was kept in the dark by the owners and not trusted, in which case he should resign on general principle. Either way his credibility is gone and I don’t think he’s up to the job - we need someone strong at the top who can set a clear agenda: vision, values, standards, process and execution.

Jury’s still out on Edu, for me. Last summer was kind of chaotic, with Raul suddenly going and the shorted timeline, so there’s not much evidence to go on when it comes to how he operates on his own, free from influence. Our business was certainly better in the second half of last summer, after Raul left, and he had a decent January, moving on a lot of the crap and making a really smart loan move in a problem area. And, tbf, he does generally seem to be on top of contract situations. However, the fact that Arteta had to be promoted to manager to supposedly share some of his responsibilities is a worry. Was that move about concerns over his competence, or was it a slap-down over trust (i.e. a means of adding oversight to what he was doing because no one was sure how involved he was in Raul’s shenanigans)?

I can’t even think about the manager / head coach role atm - not until I’m certain that we have the right people in place as CEO and TD / DoF. Right now I just don’t trust anyone at the club to make that appointment.

CEO definitely needs to change though, and that can and should be done immediately. And the board also needs some football men on it - again, that should be done right now.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 28-04-2021 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    There are two things behind that statement in my opinion

1. They genuinely mean it and if so, on we go with the same old shit

2. If the price is right they will sell but they want as much money as possible so by saying no now, it starts to push the price up
    It'll be 2. for sure - they're ultimately only interested in money - Ek clearly means business so they will consider his offer when he puts it forward

This is a good summary: https://www.theguardian.com/football...fys-daniel-ek?

Last edited by Mac76; 28-04-2021 at 07:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Who knows if the Kroenkes might sell, or how long that might take? I think we need to concentrate on things that we can change: CEO > Technical Director / DoF > Head coach. Get the right people running the show and the Kroenkes can just fade into the background - they’re good at that.

At the very least I think Vinnai needs to go ASAP. Seems like a nice enough guy, but he’s been made to look like a mug twice now: once when he got grifted by that fake car company and now with this super league business. Either he was complicit in the attempted ESL coup, in which case he should resign in shame, or he was kept in the dark by the owners and not trusted, in which case he should resign on general principle. Either way his credibility is gone and I don’t think he’s up to the job - we need someone strong at the top who can set a clear agenda: vision, values, standards, process and execution.

Jury’s still out on Edu, for me. Last summer was kind of chaotic, with Raul suddenly going and the shorted timeline, so there’s not much evidence to go on when it comes to how he operates on his own, free from influence. Our business was certainly better in the second half of last summer, after Raul left, and he had a decent January, moving on a lot of the crap and making a really smart loan move in a problem area. And, tbf, he does generally seem to be on top of contract situations. However, the fact that Arteta had to be promoted to manager to supposedly share some of his responsibilities is a worry. Was that move about concerns over his competence, or was it a slap-down over trust (i.e. a means of adding oversight to what he was doing because no one was sure how involved he was in Raul’s shenanigans)?

I can’t even think about the manager / head coach role atm - not until I’m certain that we have the right people in place as CEO and TD / DoF. Right now I just don’t trust anyone at the club to make that appointment.

CEO definitely needs to change though, and that can and should be done immediately. And the board also needs some football men on it - again, that should be done right now.
    I guess the best we can hope for is that their refusal to sell means that the Kroenke's are going to try to put the executive role positions under greater scrutiny. Not holding my breath, though...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter