User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    I guess the best we can hope for is that their refusal to sell means that the Kroenke's are going to try to put the executive role positions under greater scrutiny. Not holding my breath, though...
    zero chance of that - after all, the ESL mess is the Kroenke's own fault not the executive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    zero chance of that - after all, the ESL mess is the Kroenke's own fault not the executive
    I'm not sure the 2 issues are necessrily connected. The Kroenke's are in this because of an ESL type opportunity, and have invested (or allowed quite significant investent) in players to try to keep us at the top table. Even they have to see that we face a double whammy after the ESL fiasco has sen us burn our bridges with the European club game, and if we are allowed to run down further then ultimately it may affect their bottom line. There is a chance that this might encourage the owners to pay greater heed to how the club's resouces are being applied.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ek is giving an interview on CNBC at hte moment.

Confirms he has secured teh funds to make a bid so lets see if Kronke will consider it.

He talks about being a fan since he was aged 8 etc so perhaps it will be good but i still have some doubts. He is only worth 3 billion and if you are spending 2 of that buyin the club, i hope he has enough funds left to make signings etc. The club made a loss this year etc so hell need more on top of the money to buy the club.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Living on a dream world Kreonke will not sell the club wouldn’t be in HIS best interests
    Kroenke is just a business whore and will sell when the price is right, by Ek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Ek is giving an interview on CNBC at hte moment.

Confirms he has secured teh funds to make a bid so lets see if Kronke will consider it.

He talks about being a fan since he was aged 8 etc so perhaps it will be good but i still have some doubts. He is only worth 3 billion and if you are spending 2 of that buyin the club, i hope he has enough funds left to make signings etc. The club made a loss this year etc so hell need more on top of the money to buy the club.
    Tbh, with someone like Ek I’d be hoping more for visionary leadership, innovation and smart appointments. Someone who actually knows how to run and grow a forward-thinking, high-performance business, and is more than just a rich investor who brings nothing else to the table. Someone who has more of a plan than just buying us and sitting on us until we accrue in value.

If we want a sugar daddy, I don’t think he’s our guy.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 28-04-2021 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's what we'd get, got to be better than a yank who literally knows nothing about the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's what we'd get, got to be better than a yank who literally knows nothing about the game
    If this guy is actually serious, and I’m not convinced it’s going anywhere yet, but if he is, then this won’t just be an emotional bid from a rich fan looking to save the club he loves - he’ll have seen an opportunity here and he’ll have a plan.

Given his background in streaming and subscription services, I would guess there’d be some kind of initial, Arsenal-only offering, with the longer-term aim being to persuade the Premier League to ditch Sky and launch its own subscription-based streaming service / app? Basically Disney+ for football. After all why settle for just a cut of all the revenue that English football draws when the clubs could have the lot?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harsh on fakeyank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you want from any owner is accountability and direction. With the likes of Abramovich and Mansour it is clear what the remit of everyone involved at the club is and standards very much have to be met.

I don’t think KSE give a flying fuck if we’re sat in mid table for the next decade, as long as we remain one of the most valuable clubs in the world and always have our foot in the door with the elite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    All you want from any owner is accountability and direction. With the likes of Abramovich and Mansour it is clear what the remit of everyone involved at the club is and standards very much have to be met.

I don’t think KSE give a flying fuck if we’re sat in mid table for the next decade, as long as we remain one of the most valuable clubs in the world and always have our foot in the door with the elite.
    Simon Jordan nailed it the other day - running a highly successful club is expensive and running a failing club is expensive, but being average doesn’t really require you to do or spend anything. KSE seem to aim for that sweet spot with all of their clubs and franchises, and I suspect they’re actually quite happy with how the last decade has gone for them as Arsenal owners - the value of their shares has increased to over 2bn and they haven’t had to invest a penny of their own money on the team.

If we suddenly see them putting their hands in their pockets to fund a big summer, it won’t be because they suddenly care - it will be because we’re in danger of slipping into that ‘failing club’ territory that is going to cost them a lot more if they don’t halt the slide.