User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting a bit fed up with Arteta and some of the players calling for unity between the fans and owners, Arteta even saying that we'd actually like the Kroenke's if we ever met them

Err, no we wouldn't Mikel and the fans aren't going to buddy up with Stan and Co so get on with what your meant to be doing, winning football matches
    Last edited by WGC Goon; 29-04-2021 at 08:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    it will be because we’re in danger of slipping into that ‘failing club’ territory that is going to cost them a lot more if they don’t halt the slide.
    haven't you been watching - we're already there mate

but the idea they haven't invested in the team at all isn't true - what about Partey? Pepe? Auba's new contract? Willian? ( i know those last two may have been mistakes but they still cost money) - i don't like the Kroenkes and want them out but let's be fair, as far as i know those things weren't funded through player sales or not entirely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

but the idea they haven't invested in the team at all isn't true - what about Partey? Pepe? Auba's new contract? Willian? ( i know those last two may have been mistakes but they still cost money) - i don't like the Kroenkes and want them out but let's be fair, as far as i know those things weren't funded through player sales or not entirely
    This is the issue, THEY haven't invested a penny in the club. Are we meant to be grateful that they've allowed money that's largely come in from the fans and sponsorship to be spent on players? Apparently we have the biggest debt regarding unpaid transfer fees so are we now going to be dumbing down on transfers to deal with the debt?
    The Kroenke's are letting our beloved club just tick over, they don't deserve any kind of credit whatsoever because they'll be happy to let us languish in midtable or worse.
    #KroenkeOut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WGC Goon View Post
    This is the issue, THEY haven't invested a penny in the club. Are we meant to be grateful that they've allowed money that's largely come in from the fans and sponsorship to be spent on players? Apparently we have the biggest debt regarding unpaid transfer fees so are we now going to be dumbing down on transfers to deal with the debt?
    The Kroenke's are letting our beloved club just tick over, they don't deserve any kind of credit whatsoever because they'll be happy to let us languish in midtable or worse.
    #KroenkeOut
    ok, I'll admit i don't know where all the money came from, so if that's true and they didn't actually put their hands in their pockets it underlines why they are just bloodsuckers and need to go

believe me i do want them out now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the club’s money, mate - the most they’ve done is brought forward budget from future years to cover it.

We’re not quite on the failing level yet as a business - after we cut the next round of duds from the wage bill in the summer we’ll be quite comfortable as a mid-table side. What they’re going to be really keen to avoid, though, is sliding even further into relegation territory - a little strategic investment now would make sure that PL income doesn’t come under threat, but it won’t have anything to do with wanting us to compete on a sporting level. I honestly don’t think they could care less about that.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 29-04-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll say this for them - they did restructure / secure our debt last year, and that will be helpful to the club. But, again, I’m sure their primary concern there was protecting their investment - any sporting benefit will be a happy coincidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record, I don’t actually care if they keep their distance and leave us to self-finance - I just want them to appoint some decent people to run the club before they disappear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WGC Goon View Post
    Getting a bit fed up with Arteta and some of the players calling for unity between the fans and owners, Arteta even saying that we'd actually like the Kroenke's if we ever met them

Err, no we wouldn't Mikel and the fans aren't going to buddy up with Stan and Co so get on with what your meant to be doing, winning football matches
    To go back to this, totally agree, Arteta's not being very bright attaching himself so firmly to the Kroenkes - if Ek does buy the club it will add to the chances of him getting the boot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To go back to this, totally agree, Arteta's not being very bright attaching himself so firmly to the Kroenkes - if Ek does buy the club it will add to the chances of him getting the boot
    If EK succeeds / is successful with this takeover (pigs might fly), then Arteta, Edu & Vinai should be first out the door if we truly have ambitions from a sporting perspective to be successful. They are all novices and absolutely should not be part of any roadmap to make us successful again. There I said it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    All the club’s money, mate - the most they’ve done is brought forward budget from future years to cover it.

We’re not quite on the failing level yet as a business - after we cut the next round of duds from the wage bill in the summer we’ll be quite comfortable as a mid-table side. What they’re going to be really keen to avoid, though, is sliding even further into relegation territory - a little strategic investment now would make sure that PL income doesn’t come under threat, but it won’t have anything to do with wanting us to compete on a sporting level. I honestly don’t think they could care less about that.
    - and your previous one. I tend to think that some investment in players is necessary to preserve our investment value. This is why quite big money has been spend already. If it were otherwise, we would not have spent the sums we have done on player transfers and wages. People like Kroenke play the long game. Football is still the wild west compared to US sports and there remain opportunities to monetise this, despite the failure of the ESL. I think the Kroenkes will understand that we will be clinging on to our 'big club' status if the club is run down.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter