User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Takeover?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Not much of a rescue then, is it? I just don’t see anyone ‘saving’ us from KSE - we’re basically just waiting for Stan to either get bored or die. No one’s forcing him out.
    Everyone has their price, even the Kroenke's. It does seem that someone will have to stump up something way over the club's actual current market value though, maybe £3bn?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe shitweasel can't sell. Maybe the club has been spread across a hundred other deals as collateral. The scumbag wants Arsenal for a reason, but it's clearly not a football reason.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WGC Goon View Post
    Everyone has their price, even the Kroenke's. It does seem that someone will have to stump up something way over the club's actual current market value though, maybe £3bn?
    Well whatever that price is, it sounds like it's too rich for Ek's blood - he's basically left it as a "call me if you change your mind."

I guess my point is that I see two choices for us: we either sit around waiting to win the billionaire lottery, which may or may not ever happen; or we try and find a way to point KSE in the right direction and spark them into action, even if it's just a one-off push to get the self-sustaining model set up properly. As option 2 doesn't preclude option 1, I say we focus on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it needs the fans to keep protesting and getting on the Kroenke's back to the point where they decide it's more trouble than it's worth - and fans will be back next season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    it needs the fans to keep protesting and getting on the Kroenke's back to the point where they decide it's more trouble than it's worth - and fans will be back next season
    It’s no trouble for Stan, mate - he doesn’t do anything so it’s literally no trouble at all.

We’re talking about a guy who lives on a billion acre ranch in the middle of nowhere in the States - all he has to do is change the channel and all the noise goes away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why anyone would pay 2 or 3bn for us is insane anyway. football clubs aren't there to make a profit. most of the vast sums of money go to players and agents.

will a fan protest make much difference... not really when you consider he lives in the states anyway so hardly even sees it first hand. perhaps relegation something that would lead to a significant loss in value of the asset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    why anyone would pay 2 or 3bn for us is insane anyway. football clubs aren't there to make a profit. most of the vast sums of money go to players and agents.

will a fan protest make much difference... not really when you consider he lives in the states anyway so hardly even sees it first hand. perhaps relegation something that would lead to a significant loss in value of the asset.
    Why do you think Abramovich and the Arabs bought Chelsea and City? Because they've got to spend their money on something, right? Football clubs are just a hobby or pastime to them, nothing else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WGC Goon View Post
    Why do you think Abramovich and the Arabs bought Chelsea and City? Because they've got to spend their money on something, right? Football clubs are just a hobby or pastime to them, nothing else.
    ...its because they want to buy respectablility and prestige
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    ...its because they want to buy respectablility and prestige
    so why wouldn't someone buy Arsenal to do that?

oh...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    so why wouldn't someone buy Arsenal to do that?

oh...
    ...well Chelsea and Citeh weren't exactly the epitome of success when they were taken over by ther current owners. Arsenal actually tick all the boxes. Prestigious city; popular worldwide (more so than Citeh or Chelsea); great history and tradition. In fact the only real stubling block is that we are too expensive because of that.

It's such an irony that at this stage many fans would prefer to be an oligarch/state plaything than continue under our current ownership

Its a further irony that although we are a commercial investment, our invesor owner has no apparent interest in the team being a success.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter