User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Takeover?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    - and your previous one. I tend to think that some investment in players is necessary to preserve our investment value. This is why quite big money has been spend already. If it were otherwise, we would not have spent the sums we have done on player transfers and wages. People like Kroenke play the long game. Football is still the wild west compared to US sports and there remain opportunities to monetise this, despite the failure of the ESL. I think the Kroenkes will understand that we will be clinging on to our 'big club' status if the club is run down.
    Agreed. I’m sure KSE are happy for us to spend as much as we like and be as successful as we can be, as long as they don’t have to fund it. They’re only going to put their hands in their pockets if the value of their shares start tanking and their investment comes under threat.

For the record, I’m still very much pro self-sustaining, and I don’t want their money - my biggest gripes with them are the lack of vision and standards they’ve set and the people they keep leaving in charge. So far we’ve had Wenger being left to do everything by himself, followed by Gazidis, a crook, and now 3 interns?!

Opportunities-wise, I think you’re right - there’s plenty there to exploit, but they’ve been too focussed on this ESL business to see it. Streaming feels like it’s going to be the big one - the PL clubs just need to realise that Sky needs them a lot more than they need Sky now.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 01-05-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tell you what else I’ve really been stewing on with KSE... a couple of weeks ago in Prague we had an absolute golden opportunity just land in our lap - a once-in-a-generation, iconic moment [Lacazette facing down the Slavia team before we absolutely battered them on their own patch], that anyone who knew what they were doing could have harnessed and leveraged the shit out of to push our brand, establish us as a kind of moral compass for a corrupt sport, and attract a new generation of fans and a legion of new sponsors and partners. If anything was ever a ‘victory through harmony’ moment, it was that.

But instead what did we do? We tried to stage a coup and stabbed the rest of the footballing world in the back in the middle of a pandemic. And fucked it up! And now the moment is gone, our name, our brand and our reputation are in tatters, and we can never claim that we stand for anything ever again with a straight face - not without making it look like a cheap PR stunt. Nice one Stan and Josh, you incompetent pricks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56972776

Not quite sure what to make of this, they're being very vague with the detials, but it seems like a step in the right direction.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    L’equipe reporting that Wenger is joining the EK bid alongside Henry, Bergkamp etc.

The big man returning to save the club.

Arsene FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bid rejected. Kroenkes “don’t need the money.” Ek’s basically left it at that.

No big surprise there - the whole thing always sounded a bit half-baked and fantastical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Bid rejected. Kroenkes “don’t need the money.” Ek’s basically left it at that.

No big surprise there - the whole thing always sounded a bit half-baked and fantastical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    It sticks in the craw to say it, but we’re probably going to have to find common ground with KSE if we want to move forward - I just don’t see there being a billionaire white knight out there for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    It sticks in the craw to say it, but we’re probably going to have to find common ground with KSE if we want to move forward - I just don’t see there being a billionaire white knight out there for us.
    There is, but he just got turned down...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    There is, but he just got turned down...
    Not much of a rescue then, is it? I just don’t see anyone ‘saving’ us from KSE - we’re basically just waiting for Stan to either get bored or die. No one’s forcing him out.