User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Takeover?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IKR, just joking, I agree we're a very good investment

tbh it chills me when i hear people say the Kroekes never sell any of their businesses - while there's always a first time, it makes me feel like we're really doomed...

i know you keep saying we have to hope they invest a bit more and get us on an upward curve, plus we have to hope Arteta's capable of learning fast, but he strikes me as stubborn and not the quickest to change his behaviour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

tbh it chills me when i hear people say the Kroekes never sell any of their businesses - while there's always a first time, it makes me feel like we're really doomed...

i know you keep saying we have to hope they invest a bit more and get us on an upward curve, plus we have to hope Arteta's capable of learning fast, but he strikes me as stubborn and not the quickest to change his behaviour
    Oh I agree that the Kroenkes seem to be stubborn not to mention detached and uncommunicative. And I agree that the prospect of total stagnation under theur disinterested stewardship is a fightening prospect. In a strange way, it would be better if we had a poorer owner more dependent on our club succeeding.

Where I take issue is with the often repeated accusation that Arsenal does not spend money on players. It does. It also loses a lot of money on transfer fees and wages because of unwise business dealings. It would actually be good to have greater financial scrutiny at the club - as this might curb some of the excesses. This is an obvious business imperative. The worry at Arsenal is the complete lack of any apparent business oversight by an investor whose only desire is to sit on an apprecating asset.

There will come a point where our stock has fallen so low that the value of Kroenke's asset is significantly affected. If it takes this to alter the current status quo it will be a disaster because we will be screwed for years while the rest of the game moves on.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder. Do any of us know the structure and strength of the club's overseas marketing efforts, especially in Asia? Are these fans interested primarily in the results or the brand, the fashion, the names of the past?

I don't know. It could be there are many years of inertia ahead where vast foreign marketplaces can be milked and the domestic fans (legacy fans I think they call us) can be ignored or even phased out.

I wonder, does the football that happens on the pitch even matter that much anymore? Just one mediocre signing from China could be pretty lucrative for the likes of Kronke, though entirely useless for the football ambition of the club and the fans.

It would be interesting to find any research out there that details at least some of the plans the club has for exploiting marketplaces beyond London.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post

Where I take issue is with the often repeated accusation that Arsenal does not spend money on players. It does. It also loses a lot of money on transfer fees and wages because of unwise business dealings.
    yes you're right and i wasn't trying to imply otherwise though i can see it might have looked that way.

i say the same as you but others on here claim none of it is the Kroenkes money

either way i was saying they need to invest further although also we do need to sell a whole bunch of players:

Xhaka
    Auba
    Laca
    Kola
    AMN
    Willian
    Nketiah
    Nelson (i say that slighly reluctantly but given Arteta won't play him it's for the best)
    Guendouzi (which i still think is a shame)
    Torreira
    Bellerin

and probably a whole load more i can't remember right now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

It’s not impossible - Ek and Dangote have both shown interest in recent years, even at our current value, so it could happen.

The issue for me is time: I don’t like the idea of sitting around with our thumbs up our arses, basically waiting for a lottery win. How long will it take for Kroenke to decide to sell? 6 months? A year? 10 years? What do we do in the meantime?

If it happens, then it will happen in its own time (and likely won’t have anything to do with our protests). Until then, I think we need to find ways to steer the current owners to improve things now. Ironically, as negligent and incompetent as KSE have been up to this point, they really wouldn’t have to do all that much to suddenly be seen as decent owners: make a couple of good appointments to run the club and establish vision, standards and accountability; ensure there’s appropriate oversight at board level; involve (or at least consult) the fans a bit more if they don’t know how a decision will be received; maybe a one-off cash injection to reset the team. Do that and they can pretty much fuck off into the background and let the club run itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another protest on Sunday before the Brighton game.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Another protest on Sunday before the Brighton game.
    You mean before the St Tottering Day decider!

Who would have thought this possible when they (the Scum) had already won the league in December