User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match Reaction v Villarreal (away)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta stunk the place up last night. It wasn't really down to the players. A mixture of trying to be too clever by half and being too stubborn to see it and change things as the match progressed.

I can't see us turning this around at home - as I think Arteta will still try first not to concede an away goal and it won't work. But if we do go through - with Auba/Tierney/Luis back in I'm not sure United will roll us that easily. We know that with our best team available we can play well. The worry is that without key players we are a mess, and that's compounded by baffling team decisions. It would be great if Arteta could just say that he got things wrong - that would be a little comfort at least!
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure I fancy us against anyone in the final, tbh. We’re not a powerful, athletic squad and we tend to run out of stream badly by the end of the season - it’s becoming a pretty consistent theme each year now.

We’re also going to be relying on far too many players who, for one reason or another, know that they might not / definitely won’t be here next year, so the closer we get to any transfer window, the more the giving-a-shitness level is going to drop.