User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Arsenal v Brighton, 16:00 BST (23/05)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 wins on the bounce. Decent end to a shit show of a season.

Lots of work to do.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would have been nice to finish above the spuds but no Europe could be a blessing in disguise. Have to be ruthless and trim the squad right down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Farmers cup next year.

Finally this shower of shit is done for with for a few months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was really hoping we’d finish above Spurs for the bantz.
    But now we haven’t...Meh. I mean, who cares really? So we’d have finished 7th instead of 8th. Big whoop! It’s a pathetic thing to celebrate, it’s the sort of thing we used to mock Spurs for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I was really hoping we’d finish above Spurs for the bantz.
    But now we haven’t...Meh. I mean, who cares really? So we’d have finished 7th instead of 8th. Big whoop! It’s a pathetic thing to celebrate, it’s the sort of thing we used to mock Spurs for.
    Finishing in the champions league places at their expense was funny.

This? Give a shit.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Would have been nice to finish above the spuds but no Europe could be a blessing in disguise. Have to be ruthless and trim the squad right down.
    Liverpool had a springboard season with no europe a few years back I seem to recall.

It’ll do us good to focus purely on getting top four
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way the press were sucking Spurs cocks before Christmas while proclaiming us relegation contenders, it would have been funny to finish above them.
    But then finishing a point above us is hardly a big success.
    And god along knows what this thing is that they have now qualified for but we haven’t, sounds like a bullet dodged there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    There’s no disguise about it - we need this break. If we’d won a European spot then we’d have to retain a bigger squad, and that would have stopped us from doing what needs to be done this summer. As you say, there’s no choice but to be ruthless now - we can’t afford anything less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The way the press were sucking Spurs cocks before Christmas while proclaiming us relegation contenders, it would have been funny to finish above them.
    But then finishing a point above us is hardly a big success.
    And god along knows what this thing is that they have now qualified for but we haven’t, sounds like a bullet dodged there.
    You only get something like €14m for going all the way in the Europa league - this conference thing probably won’t even cover the cost of the flights!