User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match reaction v Brighton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I gather the spuds will have to play more games than they did to qualify for the Europa group stages this year though is does give some consolation that we've now done it to them two years in a row

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is possibly an extra 17 games should you get to the final.

Absolute nonsense for a made up trophy designed to give farmers a taste of European football. We’ve dodged a bullet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully spuffs will have to play their conference games on a Friday. Can't possibly have clashes with the CL and EL games - precious TV sponsorship money at stake.

They can just play their PL games on a Tuesday evening, or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next season we enter the League Cup in round 2.

That’s a sackable offence tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    See you in hell 2020/21!
    Absolutely, we will all burn together

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It is possibly an extra 17 games should you get to the final.

Absolute nonsense for a made up trophy designed to give farmers a taste of European football. We’ve dodged a bullet.
    i agree

i was really pissed off yesterday though, that we were so close to being above spuds, plus it was them that kept us out of Europe for the first time in 25 years or whatever, but still it's true that being in the conference would be a complete pain and so good luck to them.

without K**t they're already going to struggle and the extra games won't help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it adds a certain amount of jeopardy for anyone hovering around 6th-10th? You can't just be casually shit now and treat yourself to a year out of Europe to reset - there's a serious landmine in there now if you don't put the effort in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i agree

i was really pissed off yesterday though, that we were so close to being above spuds, plus it was them that kept us out of Europe for the first time in 25 years or whatever, but still it's true that being in the conference would be a complete pain and so good luck to them.

Like yourself and many other Gooners, I was really annoyed when the table changed at 4.45 (The writing was on the wall at 2-2 because Leicester were going to push forward for the win).
    However, on reflection, I am very glad that they got the Europa Pub Trophy to contend with, as Letters pointed out, it could be an extra 17 games.

I am happy that St Totterings Day is on ice until next year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i agree

We kept ourselves out of Europe by being rubbish for the majority of the season. Couldn’t care less about Spurs or St Totts day when the only bragging right is “haha we’re slightly less shit than you”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    We kept ourselves out of Europe by being rubbish for the majority of the season. Couldn’t care less about Spurs or St Totts day when the only bragging right is “haha we’re slightly less shit than you”.
    well i do, but whatever