User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match reaction v Brighton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match reaction v Brighton

I know we do not post these threads at the moment.
    However, Pepe has finished the season well and we haven't got Europa Conference League (Thank the Lord). Hobson's choice, finish above the scum and play pub teams in Europe? Or not ......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a pretty good performance today and a good result.
    It’s been a complete mess of a season but we ended well so...I think Arteta should go but it doesn’t sound like he’s going to so I guess all we can do is hope we carry some of this momentum on to next season and do some decent business in the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having no fans in attendance saved Arteta I think. Very lucky to have another crack at it next season so it absolutely has to be better. Must get back into the CL as a bare minimum requirement.

Hopefully a positive summer and we can actually hit the ground running for once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See you in hell 2020/21!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Having no fans in attendance saved Arteta I think. Very lucky to have another crack at it next season so it absolutely has to be better. Must get back into the CL as a bare minimum requirement.

Hopefully a positive summer and we can actually hit the ground running for once.
    I think he'll get to Xmas, if no significant improvement it will be curtains. There have been some mitigating factors but that won't be the case next season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he deserves till Christmas.
    It has been overall a good end to the season.
    MO mentioned this taking arbitrary sections of a season, and I agree that flawed and the season has as a whole been a mess. But in theory the end of the season is more relevant than the start and could be a better indication of where we are.
    I wouldn’t mind if someone better comes along but it sounds like we are stuck with Arteta so I guess we’ll have to see how we start next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Maybe he deserves till Christmas.
    It has been overall a good end to the season.
    MO mentioned this taking arbitrary sections of a season, and I agree that flawed and the season has as a whole been a mess. But in theory the end of the season is more relevant than the start and could be a better indication of where we are.
    I wouldn’t mind if someone better comes along but it sounds like we are stuck with Arteta so I guess we’ll have to see how we start next year.
    I believe Arteta is relieved we did not get European Pub Football. We can purely concentrate on domestic competitions now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I believe Arteta is relieved we did not get European Pub Football. We can purely concentrate on domestic competitions now.
    He should be relieved he's still in his job after such a miserable season, i don't know why you're all giving the guy such an easy ride

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I would have grinned and bared the EL again but I’m delighted we didn’t qualify for that farmers cup.

The calendar has basically been non-stop for 12 months since the restart if you consider the Euro’s too. A lighter schedule next season will be welcome but we must make the most of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a look at that thing which Spurs qualified for.
    It does sound bloody awful.
    Glad we didn’t qualify for it.