User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Predictions 2021/22

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I was more talking about the only purpose of the so-called sport in its modern manifestation. The amount of money is obviously obscene, that goes without saying. But the bigger problem is that's the only goal now.
    i disagree - if you see how the italian players reacted to winning the Euros or players react to the league or champion league then the aim is still to win ultimately. however, winning isnt the be all and end all and perhaps that is the problem because you dont need to win to rake in the cash. 4 "Champions" league spots has been the catalyst. all that money flowing to more or less the same clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    And i haven't sworn at you at all - because one of us can control their temper and the other needth to thcream and thcream and thcream...
    You're one of those twats who kicks politely? Please thank you? One of those twats who frets about words while your actions swim around in the gutter? Yeah, you politely accuse me of being an alcoholic every time I post up anything that frightens you. You start all the trouble and then cry because people are mean to you?

What a sad little girl you are.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    i disagree - if you see how the italian players reacted to winning the Euros or players react to the league or champion league then the aim is still to win ultimately. however, winning isnt the be all and end all and perhaps that is the problem because you dont need to win to rake in the cash. 4 "Champions" league spots has been the catalyst. all that money flowing to more or less the same clubs.
    What does success mean now? Certainly doesn't mean fulfilling the lifelong dream of playing for the club you supported as a kid. It means moving to the big money clubs, getting those endorsements, piling on the cash. Wonder what would happen if a new competition was introduced that had zero prize money and was played for the love of the sport and competition? The "slaves" would be too tired to turn up. The clubs would field a Z-team. I get that top sporting professionals deserve rewards for getting to the top of their sports. I don't get how their greed has run so far out of control though. And when you dedicate yourself to greed at that level it's very difficult to believe there's room for anything else.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does success mean now? Certainly doesn't mean fulfilling the lifelong dream of playing for the club you supported as a kid. It means moving to the big money clubs, getting those endorsements, piling on the cash. Wonder what would happen if a new competition was introduced that had zero prize money and was played for the love of the sport and competition? The "slaves" would be too tired to turn up. The clubs would field a Z-team. I get that top sporting professionals deserve rewards for getting to the top of their sports. I don't get how their greed has run so far out of control though. And when you dedicate yourself to greed at that level it's very difficult to believe there's room for anything else.
    that sounds like amateur sport. i guess to the players it is a job after all. luckily for them a very well paid job. it isnt the players fault they get paid ridiculous sums. it is the global fans that allow it, less people take interest less sponsorship less money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're one of those twats who kicks politely? Please thank you? One of those twats who frets about words while your actions swim around in the gutter? Yeah, you politely accuse me of being an alcoholic every time I post up anything that frightens you. You start all the trouble and then cry because people are mean to you?

What a sad little girl you are.
    I post about you drinking when you've been posting at 3am and clearly off your tits on something, either booze, drugs, sexual frustration or maybe all three...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh do pack it in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I post about you drinking when you've been posting at 3am and clearly off your tits on something, either booze, drugs, sexual frustration or maybe all three...
    The point is, you criticise people for using "bad language" (I call it highly descriptive and accurate language) while you give yourself a free pass to act the utter cunt. And then when I call you a cunt you cry about naughty words.

You're such a twat.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incidentally, even if I was pissed out of my head and lying in the corner shitting my pants and vomiting, I'd STILL be more of a man than you are. You're a fucking disgrace to all males. And you keep on proving it, you shrinking violet little tit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    that sounds like amateur sport. i guess to the players it is a job after all. luckily for them a very well paid job. it isnt the players fault they get paid ridiculous sums. it is the global fans that allow it, less people take interest less sponsorship less money.
    OK, agreed. The fans are absolute tools and ultimately the enablers for these awful people that pretend to be sportsmen. The standard of football has fallen inversely to the earnings these media hyped hack-masters (maybe 20 players in the whole world are the exception) steal, but fans clap like seals begging for a fish. Yes, I can agree on that. Fans are the main problem now. Maybe it's inertia, maybe it's just a few years until fans recover their dignity and abandon this shit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incidentally, even if I was pissed out of my head and lying in the corner shitting my pants and vomiting, I'd STILL be more of a man than you are. You're a fucking disgrace to all males. And you keep on proving it, you shrinking violet little tit.
    If I'm a shrinking violet, why do i keep replying to you even thougj i know it might prompt more abuse and threats of violence - you're the coward mate, threatening people from behind a keyboard and using loada of naughty words your mum wouldn't let you use at home....