Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1098

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Why would it be his fault though?

OK, if when Zin recovers Arteta brings him back in and plays him in every game then i will blame him for a monumental error, but if he picks the best sides available to him, including a bit of regular rotation, and alters his tactics appropriately and the players put in performances which show a real drive to win, then succeed or fail I'm not sure he will be too much to blame

Last season we suffered from his not rotating and the players getting tired/losing their nerve, this season may be different - we'll see but we're already looking better than previously which is the point we're all making to you

Citeh away will be a real test - if we can just get a draw it would be huge, especially if Citeh and Liverpool draw this weekend and we beat Brentford (which we absolutely should)
    President Harry S Truman had a sign on the desk of the Oval Office when he occupied it, the sign says “The buck stops here”

Take away your obsession with Zinchenko for a second (I was only joking about it but you’ve brought him up twice in this debate unprompted ) and the claim has been made Arteta has had the most transformative effect on the team in twenty years. Now I appreciate this isn’t a statement you’ve made, but how can that be true and then it also be true that he bears no responsibility if the team collapses in April.

You lose one game, it’s the coach’s job to assess what went wrong and to do what he can to prevent any hangover in the subsequent games thereafter…if they cannot do that well either he is incapable or the players are not mentally strong enough and given that in the main these are his players which he’s spent a great deal of money on, I cannot see how this is not his failure

Freak injuries can happen for sure, but most injuries tend to be soft tissue injury where the player is prone to these type of injuries or has been overused or overworked in training.

If the contention is that these players are good enough to compete, and by competing we have to mean competing when it comes to the crunch not just flirting with a challenge post Xmas and give up bottling for lent, only to re-take up the habbit after Easter.

Then what are we left with, if we aren’t still competitive by May?. Oh we will definitely be there next season? On what basis is such an assertion being made. By inflating our XG record against teams that are about as capable as non league teams

I can’t understand how these goals are unreasonable. And how it can be seen as anything other than failure if they aren’t met.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Antony? Yeah have to say he’s looked like a good signing for United even with the money they’ve spent on him
    Jaysus, there’s a comment that really hasn’t stood the test of time

:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    President Harry S Truman had a sign on the desk of the Oval Office when he occupied it, the sign says “The buck stops here”

Take away your obsession with Zinchenko for a second (I was only joking about it but you’ve brought him up twice in this debate unprompted ) and the claim has been made Arteta has had the most transformative effect on the team in twenty years. Now I appreciate this isn’t a statement you’ve made, but how can that be true and then it also be true that he bears no responsibility if the team collapses in April.

You lose one game, it’s the coach’s job to assess what went wrong and to do what he can to prevent any hangover in the subsequent games thereafter…if they cannot do that well either he is incapable or the players are not mentally strong enough and given that in the main these are his players which he’s spent a great deal of money on, I cannot see how this is not his failure

Freak injuries can happen for sure, but most injuries tend to be soft tissue injury where the player is prone to these type of injuries or has been overused or overworked in training.

If the contention is that these players are good enough to compete, and by competing we have to mean competing when it comes to the crunch not just flirting with a challenge post Xmas and give up bottling for lent, only to re-take up the habbit after Easter.

Then what are we left with, if we aren’t still competitive by May?. Oh we will definitely be there next season? On what basis is such an assertion being made. By inflating our XG record against teams that are about as capable as non league teams

I can’t understand how these goals are unreasonable. And how it can be seen as anything other than failure if they aren’t met.
    I wouldn't use the word 'obsessed' but yes I do centre on Zin when assessing Arteta's learning curve because his being an automatic pick at LB was sheer folly, Aryeta started picking Tomi at times which showed he was starting to see Zin's failings and I hope he gradually fades from the side
    Last edited by Mac76; 07-03-2024 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't click on an article in The Scum, what does it say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't click on an article in The Scum, what does it say?
    Either read it or don’t, I’m not an exegete, catering for your petty political biases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either read it or don’t, I’m not an exegete, catering for your petty political biases
    it's not so much political as i just hate that kind of gutter-raking tabloid trash paper which constantly lies and damages ordinary people's lives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's not so much political as i just hate that kind of gutter-raking tabloid trash paper which constantly lies and damages ordinary people's lives
    So to be clear, if the link had been from the Mirror as opposed to the Sun you would have the same/similar objections?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So to be clear, if the link had been from the Mirror as opposed to the Sun you would have the same/similar objections?
    No I don't think the Mirror is as bad as the Scum, you'll no doubt draw your own conclusions based on that but it's the Scum which is much more likely to stir up prejudices and division - the fact that it's the right in general which is more prone to doing such things is obviously a factor but it's not because the Scum is right-wing per se that i say it
    Last edited by Mac76; 07-03-2024 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I don't think the Mirror is as bad as the Scum, you'll no doubt draw your own conclusions based on that but it's the Scum which is much more likely to stir up prejudices and division - the fact that it's the right in general which is more prone to doing such things is obviously a factor but it's not because the Scum is right-wing per se that i say it
    I like the mental gymnastics you’re doing to avoid admitting your biases

Now admittedly I’m pretty bad for pigeon holing people, it’s very lazy. But I really have no time for these so called principled stances no matter what side of the aisle it’s from. The whole thing about the Sun in Liverpool is a nonsense, because you routinely can find it for sale without much difficulty no matter how many people argue that there’s a city wide boycott in solidarity.

They wouldn’t stock it, if they knew no bugger in the city would buy it.

It’s not that Kelvin McKenzie isn’t a cunt, of course he is…but so what? After all it was South Yorkshire constabulary and Peter Wright who were responsible for the perception about Liverpool supporters at Hillsborough sticking more than a shabby outrage article in the Sun.

And I think people who go on about papers like this sewing division are really in massive denial about the nature of the species they belong to.