0 0%
Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta isn't even a club legend or anything of the sort

Yet Chelsea got rid of Lampard for worse and replaced him with Tuchel and won the CL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Arteta isn't even a club legend or anything of the sort

Yet Chelsea got rid of Lampard for worse and replaced him with Tuchel and won the CL.
    You mean for less?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal's start to the season is the worst in Premier League history and the worst in the English top flight since West Ham in 1962-63 (0 points and -10 goal difference).
    From Orbinho on twitter.

I blame wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think Arseblog is right September is key. Norwich Burnley and Spurs. if we dont get at least 7 points then Arteta will be gone. but what to do next - the next manager cant be someone who likes to get the cheque book out as we have spent a shed load of cash and we struggle to get rid of players for free let alone get value for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah we can’t even give some of our deadwood away let alone get a small fee, that’s what Arteta is dumped with and that isn’t his fault. Well, except for Willian that is.

There’s hardly any equity in our squad and that speaks volumes as to how poorly they’re perceived. Mud sticks, especially in football. I don’t include our young players in that because that’s where the only value in our squad lies, without them we’ve got nothing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yeah we can’t even give some of our deadwood away let alone get a small fee, that’s what Arteta is dumped with and that isn’t his fault. Well, except for Willian that is.

There’s hardly any equity in our squad and that speaks volumes as to how poorly they’re perceived. Mud sticks, especially in football. I don’t include our young players in that because that’s where the only value in our squad lies, without them we’ve got nothing.
    I think this is the biggest issue Wenger left behind. I don't buy the "loser mentality" thing - even if that was a problem it's surely not a difficult one to fix. These guys have got right to the top of the game, they're clearly competitive and want to win. Get the right manager in who can motivate them and I don't think we'll have an issue there. But the contract management and wage structure is a massive mess, that is down to Wenger and it's harder to fix. That said, bullshit like Xhaka spending all summer making eyes at other clubs and then when nothing happened we offer him a new contract and make him captain for the first game. What kind of message does that send? That's the sort of nonsense we need to sort out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apologies if this sounds dramatic, but would any of these players have the fight for a relegation scrap? I think not.
    I look at our squad, and it is very average, at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Apologies if this sounds dramatic, but would any of these players have the fight for a relegation scrap? I think not.
    I look at our squad, and it is very average, at best.
    I was thinking the same, it's why they need to get rid of Arteta asap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bulk of our lot haven’t the fight needed to win a heated friendly.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to me the problem is we haven't given enough players away cheaply or for free, look at how we actually had an offer for Xhaka and turned it down, plus we turned down a good offer for AMN last summer and now we're haggling over Nketiah with Palace when we should be happy to get rid as he's useless

Arteta's got a hand in all that for sure, as they've said he's involved in all aspects, he's definitely to blame for Xhala in particular

I'd love to know what some of the players really think of Xhaka, he's supposed to really popular but my theory he's this teacher's pet who everyone has to pretend to like for fear of losing favour with Arteta, but in reality surely at least some of them must be able to see he's a c**t and probably a bit of a bully too, I bet some of them were gutted when he didn't leave