• Saturday

0 0%
Page 14 of 106 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure Xhaka is a poplar enough character around the camp on a personal level, and is ok at making captain’s speeches and motivational clapping, etc, but when put under any kind of pressure his “leadership” evaporates - when we really need him to keep his head and hold us together, he becomes emotional, indisciplined and too often takes the coward’s way out, leaving his team mates in the shit. At some point you have to lose faith in him, if you’re one of the other players - how can you not start rolling your eyes at any instruction he gives you?
    Last edited by I am invisible; 30-08-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I’m sure Xhaka is a poplar enough character around the camp on a personal level, and is ok at making captain’s speeches and motivational clapping, etc, but when put under any kind of pressure his “leadership” evaporates - when we really need him to keep his head and hold us together, he becomes emotional, indisciplined and too often takes the coward’s way out, leaving his team mates in the shit. At some point you have to lose faith in him, if you’re one of the other players - how can you not start rolling your eyes at any instruction he gives you?
    Xhaka is synonymous with where we are right now, we should have sold him when we had the chance then we could move on to a new era as such. Not all our problems are his but he seems to reasonable where we are right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Xhaka is synonymous with where we are right now, we should have sold him when we had the chance then we could move on to a new era as such. Not all our problems are his but he seems to reasonable where we are right now.
    I get why we told Roma to fuck off with their €9m offer - that’s just insulting - but it’s no excuse not to have strengthened the midfield anyway. Eddie, Willian, Nelson and at least 2 of our 4 RBs could all have been axed without any direct replacements being needed, if raising funds and freeing up wages and squad space were the issues, and we could have binned off Elneny too if a new CM pushed him out of contention. The fact that Xhaka is still one of our starting CMs is an absolute failure from Edu and Arteta.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 30-08-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I get why we told Roma to fuck off with their €9m offer - that’s just insulting.
    really? insulting to give us ACTUAL MONEY for a slow useless c**t who gives the ball away, breaks up our attacks with back and sideways pases and then gets sent off regularly - we should have grabbed it with both hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    really? insulting to give us ACTUAL MONEY for a slow useless c**t who gives the ball away, breaks up our attacks with back and sideways pases and then gets sent off regularly - we should have grabbed it with both hands
    This!
    How can anyone defend Xhaka??
    We should have taken the money straight away.
    Instead, we give him another fucking contract!
    OMG! This is a bloody nightmare! Arteta, Edu, Kroenke, Arteta Out! Don't wait any longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    This!
    How can anyone defend Xhaka??
    We should have taken the money straight away.
    Instead, we give him another fucking contract!
    OMG! This is a bloody nightmare! Arteta, Edu, Kroenke, Arteta Out! Don't wait any longer.
    Jeez, calm down you two, no one’s defending Xhaka - no one wants him here. I’m just saying I understand why we rejected their incredibly low first offer. Whatever we think of him, he’s still a starting CM for club and country, a national team captain and was just named in the team of the tournament at the Euros - if they could afford £34m for Abraham then they could have upped their offer for Xhaka. Personally speaking, I don’t think their interest was ever that serious - they must have known that offer was going to get rejected (every first offer in every deal ever is rejected ffs) and they never came back so I reckon they were just chancing it because we’ve got a reputation for giving players away now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either way you look at it Roma got the better of that deal. If Xhaka was really any good then any other team could have come for him.

If you have a 3 year old Aston Martin that gives you all sorts of problems. Its worth 100k but is always in the dealership and cant get you 100miles without calling AA.

If someone offers you 70k you accept your loss and move on. It was pure hubris on Arsenals part. We were cockeyed by his one display at the Euros and felt we had a hot item. No its the same Xhaka. Give him space and he looks like a quarterback spraying passes everywhere, even forwards sometimes. but he was suspended for The Swiss next game. Why....because its Xhaka thats why. We played ourselves. Why did we let Ozil go, why is Willian going even though we are likely gonna pay a fair chunk of his wages if he leaves. We realized that they offered no value on the pitch and were just a bad stench to leave hanging about the place.

The only reason Xhaka is still here is because Arteta obviously loves him and since Roma didnt come back we didnt want to seem to lose face by calling them again. We then compounded that stupidity by offering him a new, improved contract. Arteta is a terrible manager, awful at tactics, coaching and as we can see totally amateur at poker. We will not be able to get rid of Xhaka now. The new manager will have to get him paid off to leave. A liability every time he steps on the pitch.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Either way you look at it Roma got the better of that deal. If Xhaka was really any good then any other team could have come for him.

If you have a 3 year old Aston Martin that gives you all sorts of problems. Its worth 100k but is always in the dealership and cant get you 100miles without calling AA.

If someone offers you 70k you accept your loss and move on. It was pure hubris on Arsenals part. We were cockeyed by his one display at the Euros and felt we had a hot item. No its the same Xhaka. Give him space and he looks like a quarterback spraying passes everywhere, even forwards sometimes. but he was suspended for The Swiss next game. Why....because its Xhaka thats why. We played ourselves. Why did we let Ozil go, why is Willian going even though we are likely gonna pay a fair chunk of his wages if he leaves. We realized that they offered no value on the pitch and were just a bad stench to leave hanging about the place.

The only reason Xhaka is still here is because Arteta obviously loves him and since Roma didnt come back we didnt want to seem to lose face by calling them again. We then compounded that stupidity by offering him a new, improved contract. Arteta is a terrible manager, awful at tactics, coaching and as we can see totally amateur at poker. We will not be able to get rid of Xhaka now. The new manager will have to get him paid off to leave. A liability every time he steps on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What we have done with Xhaka and to a lesser extent AMN pretty much goes to show Arteta and Edu don't have a clue, they are absolutely out of their depths. Extending Xhaka's contract after he was pretty much 90% out of the door is pure madness. The AMN situation is laughable too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    What we have done with Xhaka and to a lesser extent AMN pretty much goes to show Arteta and Edu don't have a clue, they are absolutely out of their depths. Extending Xhaka's contract after he was pretty much 90% out of the door is pure madness. The AMN situation is laughable too.
    The AMN situation is far more bizarre - that’s just the manager in full Mikel Vendetta mode. I get that he’s mucked us around, and his midfield demands have resulted in an extra fullback being brought in who wasn’t really needed, but he was still clearly the best option we had at RB last year, and to not make use of him is just cutting your nose to spite your face. An indulgent move that wasn’t in the club’s best interest.