0 0%
Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    @ Invisible, Your point about the fanbase is interesting, it'll be fascinating to see the atmosphere next weekend, on the one hand people will be pleased to be back and so in a mood to celebrate, on the other if they don't get a good performance it could turn sour quickly

But on the big-name manager i do think we're still a draw, we've some fantastic young players and there's still enough to work with among the others for someone who actually knows what they're doing to make the CL, plus we still have the draw of London, the stadium etc

If Neverton can get an Ancellotti so can we
    We are still a draw and any fan who questions that, even if you are being genuine, is being nothing more than an "enabler" , the kind of "enabler" that has allowed the Kronkes and their partners to continue sucking all the life out of this club.

I have said it a thousand times here that Ancelotti was my first choice to take over from AW and more importantly we were always his first choice club that he wanted to take over...yet every effing time our suits kept messing it up with "enablers" encouraging thier crazy choices.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...er-league/amp/

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/18/carlo...-11928191/amp/

In one of my last posts here I still mentioned about 4 managers I 'd give the job to over going on another merry-go with Arteta, they all changed clubs this summer except Rodgers, who I still believe we could entice if we said the right words.

We are are the cute gentle guy, who ticks all the right boxes but pretends to be shy, that all pretty girls want to be with, yet he's happy sticking with the mingers.

Zidane could come, it is very realistic and he is not bigger than AFC....can we fans stop repeating drivel that we are completely unattractive because one day (and it looks like it might be coming soon) that talk will be true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Invisible, Your point about the fanbase is interesting, it'll be fascinating to see the atmosphere next weekend, on the one hand people will be pleased to be back and so in a mood to celebrate, on the other if they don't get a good performance it could turn sour quickly…
    Yeah, I think next week could turn really ugly really quickly. It will start out ok - I expect Saka will get a rousing reception - but the first thing that goes wrong and the atmosphere will turn in an instant. If the game goes really badly (which it easily could) then we could see protests outside the ground after the final whistle.

My point about the fanbase is that I’m not sure we’ve ever really recovered from the battle lines that were drawn back in the final Wenger days - if it’s not AKBs vs Wenger Outers it’s something else. It’s always something. I think that’s just who we are as fans now - we split 10 years ago and now neither side can let it go. If we sack Arteta then the pendulum will just swing the other way again: the current irate section of the fans will be kept happy, but the other half will be looking for any opening to go after the new guy.

At this point I really fear that no new manager will ever be given a fair crack at the job - they’d have to be successful immediately, but how likely is that?

…But on the big-name manager i do think we're still a draw, we've some fantastic young players and there's still enough to work with among the others for someone who actually knows what they're doing to make the CL, plus we still have the draw of London, the stadium etc

If Neverton can get an Ancellotti so can we
    I think we’ll be an attractive (ish) option again from next summer because, one way or another, most of our crippling contract issues will be over by then and we’ll actually have room to move - I just don’t see anyone going near us this year. If we sack Arteta now - if we want a new manager now - then I think we’re looking at the same options as before: someone up and coming who’s looking to make a name for themselves or someone who would see this as their only chance to manage a club like Arsenal.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 14-08-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could get a Zidane or Conte. We just need an owner who cares enough to sell his project. Instead we have a person who probably couldn't tell you how many players are allowed in a team. Sticking with this chancer beyond September would make this a relegation dogfight and then NO One will want to come. Fans will have patience if they see competence sitting on the bench and coherence on the pitch. Everything about Arteta screams rank amateur, from his signings to his tactics to his handling of player and fan affairs. He is toxic and setting him free to run amok on this club on the back of an FA cup win is rank incompetence.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With our next games being Chelski (currently 3-0 up) then Citeh, we'll be rock bottom after three games with probably a GD of -10

I just hope they don't do what they did with Emery amd leave it too late before acting, lego-hair needs to be gone by the end of September so the new manager can work towards the January window

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While its true the fan base is not the most patient at the moment, if the club managed to secure a genuine world class manager such as Allegri or Conte, many would become very patient.

They’ll know that the manager hasn’t had a chance to buy/sell players and that work is needed to fix the club. However the longer the club leave Arteta in charge the more toxic it will become

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we're being told to trust the process and if we carry on we might be able to win the Championship next year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    While its true the fan base is not the most patient at the moment, if the club managed to secure a genuine world class manager such as Allegri or Conte, many would become very patient.

They’ll know that the manager hasn’t had a chance to buy/sell players and that work is needed to fix the club. However the longer the club leave Arteta in charge the more toxic it will become
    This is what I’m worried about, though Ollie - if we’re already setting the expectation level at Conte or Allegri or Zidane (and presumably the £250-300m of spending money that it would take to persuade them to come here) then we’re basically just laying the groundwork for massive disappointment and more outrage and in-fighting when the next manager is anything less than that.

Honestly, I’d love to believe it might happen, I really would, but after 15 years of KSE ownership I’ve stopped hoping that we’re going to win the billionaire lottery. It’s crystal clear to me now that there’s no instant fix for us with these people in charge - they won’t fund it and, as Global rightly says, I doubt they even have a vision for the club to sell, much less the ability to sell it. If we’re going to dig ourselves out of this mess then we’re going to have to do it ourselves, without the owners’ support and leadership and with the club’s own resources.

Get rid of Arteta, fine - he’s really fucked me off with his last couple of interviews - but can we at least have some kind of acceptance and agreement that the new guy will have to be able to succeed in the exact same conditions, and that it probably won’t be a Conte or Zidane?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No i don't agree, like i said if Neverton can get Ancellotti we can get Allegri, Conte or Zidane

It's just a decision that needs to be made to get an established manager, not another loser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if Arteta goes Edu would have to go with him I understand Garrlick has experience dealing with transfers and managers of the caliber of Allergi and Conte would have a vast knowledge of players other than S America and the pull to bring them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    This is what I’m worried about, though Ollie - if we’re already setting the expectation level at Conte or Allegri or Zidane (and presumably the £250-300m of spending money that it would take to persuade them to come here) then we’re basically just laying the groundwork for massive disappointment and more outrage and in-fighting when the next manager is anything less than that.

Honestly, I’d love to believe it might happen, I really would, but after 15 years of KSE ownership I’ve stopped hoping that we’re going to win the billionaire lottery. It’s crystal clear to me now that there’s no instant fix for us with these people in charge - they won’t fund it and, as Global rightly says, I doubt they even have a vision for the club to sell, much less the ability to sell it. If we’re going to dig ourselves out of this mess then we’re going to have to do it ourselves, without the owners’ support and leadership and with the club’s own resources.

Get rid of Arteta, fine - he’s really fucked me off with his last couple of interviews - but can we at least have some kind of acceptance and agreement that the new guy will have to be able to succeed in the exact same conditions, and that it probably won’t be a Conte or Zidane?
    A fair point on the type of managers we can get. I think we are big draw still & could get a Conte or Zidane.

However if the club appoint someone like Brendan Rodgers, i think even that would get fans on side for a bit. Arteta was a complete rookie who while he had support at the start, lost it because he tried to act billy big bollcoks pushing out big name players for no reason, and making us worse. If a new manager came in & improvement happened, the fans would be onside