0 0%
Page 21 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Right. I don’t mind losing at Anfield. It wasn’t losing up at City I objected to, it was the grim inevitability of the result and the absolute pasting we took. Partly because of Xhaka’s brainfart, but we were getting a spanking before then, that just made it worse.
    Let’s go to Anfield and give them a game. If we lose the fine, they’re better than us. But let’s not just roll over for them.
    Liverpool have conceded goals lately so no reason we couldnt nick one. Defensively we have been pretty solid too. So not inconceivable that we could smash and grab. But think if we concede first chasing the game we might struggle.

United is one i really fancy. West ham have been really good this season so that would be another good assessment of where we are. Not having europe is helping and will help against the other top 4 contenders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Yeah if he turns up at Anfield with a back ten I''ll be really annoyed, we need to try to take them on a bit and try to grab a point

We can do Moan U if we get the tactics right, same with the Hammers
    Aye, we need to go to Anfield and try and compete. Our defence looks relatively solid these days as does our keeper so whilst we are going to be on the backfoot, I do have confidence that they won't make stupid mistakes like our previous backs 4 of the past 10 years!!!

We should be beating Man U, but they still have a quality team so it will be a really hard game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t have any expectations about the result at Anfield, and I don’t think we should have expectations about the game plan, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have expectations.

What I want to see in this one is evidence of a step forward in discipline and mental resilience. I can handle losing by a goal or two, and being out-thought / out-fought by a better side, but what I absolutely do not want to see any more of is our players throwing a temper tantrum and leaving us down to 10 men because they’re getting frustrated, or going from 1-down to 5-down in the space of 10 minutes because we’ve completely lost our shit. And if we do lose I want to see us bounce straight back next week and not let it turn into a slump.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    what I absolutely do not want to see any more of is our players throwing a temper tantrum and leaving us down to 10 men because they’re getting frustrated
    don't worry Xhaka's injured

btw anyone noticed how we're starting to play better and be more slick in our movement now he's not playing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't worry Xhaka's injured

btw anyone noticed how we're starting to play better and be more slick in our movement now he's not playing?
    Yes, although I think that’s also due to having ball-playing defenders (inc. Ramsdale) who don’t need our CMs to keep dropping back out of position to get moves started, and who also have enough pace to play high so our CMs aren’t having to cover massive amounts of ground in between defence and attack.

But yes, being rid of his indulgent nonsense and limitations has felt like a real holiday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Yes, although I think that’s also due to having ball-playing defenders (inc. Ramsdale) who don’t need our CMs to keep dropping back out of position to get moves started, and who also have enough pace to play high so our CMs aren’t having to cover massive amounts of ground in between defence and attack.

But yes, being rid of his indulgent nonsense and limitations has felt like a real holiday!
    i just wish i could even try and hope that Arteta would realise it but we all know he'll be straight back in the team...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just wish i could even try and hope that Arteta would realise it but we all know he'll be straight back in the team...
    Don't do it to yourself! You know he's going straight back into the side when the AFCON rolls around - the stars are all lining up perfectly for him. Again! I'm just waiting for Sambi or Ainsley to pick up a knock over Christmas to make it indisputable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Should be gone tonight as the longer we leave, the more damage he does
    A bit quiet on here tonight.
    Another false dawn, another thrashing at Anfield.
    Arteta out. Our defence is a fucking joke.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh holy shit. Did you have that post typed out in a Notepad file ready to post after the first bad result? I’m disappointed at the margin of the defeat but our defence has mostly been a lot better this season. The key thing is now we react.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Oh holy shit. Did you have that post typed out in a Notepad file ready to post after the first bad result? I’m disappointed at the margin of the defeat but our defence has mostly been a lot better this season. The key thing is now we react.
    Not at all.
    We had an unbeaten run against mediocre teams. The first real test ends in another thrashing at Anfield. We are miles away from the top four. Arteta out.