0 0%
Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    No i don't agree, like i said if Neverton can get Ancellotti we can get Allegri, Conte or Zidane

It's just a decision that needs to be made to get an established manager, not another loser
    Mate, I think we could easily get an Ancelotti - I just don’t think he’s in the same elite bracket as those other names that we’re talking about. Not anymore. 10 years ago he would have been an elite hire, but Ancelotti in 2021 is about the same level hire as Mourinho for me: a safe pair of hands who will keep the players happy and maybe get us up to 6th or 5th, but who’s ideas are yesterday’s news by today’s standards and who’s not going to challenge Guardiola or Tuchel or Klopp. If we take the red and white tinted specs off, we’re about the same level as Everton right now and he did very little with them after a bright start - I don’t see how he really moves us forward that much.

As for those other names, we passed on Allegri before we hired Emery because his demands were too high, and that was when we still had some CL credit left in the bank and Europa league football to offer - can’t see us suddenly being able to afford him now we’ve had another 3 years out of the CL, a year of no fans in stadiums, and no European football at all.

And Conte has just left Inter on the grounds that they could no longer afford to match his ambition, and then rejected the chance to join spurs because they wouldn’t give him a quarter of a billion to spend. These aren’t managers who come in to fix broken clubs - they’re cherry-on-the-top managers who move around the strongest clubs in the world turning them from near misses into title winners. We have a way to go before we’re shopping in those aisles.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 15-08-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    A fair point on the type of managers we can get. I think we are big draw still & could get a Conte or Zidane.

However if the club appoint someone like Brendan Rodgers, i think even that would get fans on side for a bit. Arteta was a complete rookie who while he had support at the start, lost it because he tried to act billy big bollcoks pushing out big name players for no reason, and making us worse. If a new manager came in & improvement happened, the fans would be onside
    Someone like Rogers would be fine and realistic - all I’m saying is I guarantee you there’d be a section of fans who would oppose if and wouldn’t be able to let it go because he wasn’t the manager they wanted. I’m sure some would do it for no other reason than they’ve blindly followed Arteta, don’t want to admit that they’re wrong, and want the next guy to fail just to prove a point*. That’s how ridiculous I think we’ve become as a fanbase.

But, yeah, fwiw I think that’s more the level of name that I think we’re going to be looking at and need to get comfortable with.

*Edit: I’m a regular watcher / listener of TGT, and Tom has had people loudly unsubscribing from the channel and flouncing off just because he’s changed his stance on Arteta from ‘not everything’s shit and give him a fair chance’ to ‘he’s been given a chance and it’s not working out’ - how crazy is that?
    Last edited by I am invisible; 15-08-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a stat on twitter (so take with pinch of salt) but it does ring true.

Under Arteta, Ozil has created the most number of chances to date. He only played 10 games and hasn’t played for us for 18 months!

That’s pretty damming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone else worried that Vinnai, Edu or Josh don't have the strength of personality or the desire to stand up to Arteta and pull the trigger on him if they have to? I have a horrible feeling that they have no intention of sacking him, no matter what happens...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strength of personality will come when the whole Emirates start chanting "You dont know what youre doing"
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Strength of personality will come when the whole Emirates start chanting "You dont know what youre doing"
    The atmosphere could get very toxic vs Chelsea if things go as we expect them to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently there is going to Kreonke out protest before the match should be interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to get rid of Kroenke, Edu, Arteta and half the squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Apparently there is going to Kreonke out protest before the match should be interesting.
    bet the billionaire is well scared of that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The atmosphere could get very toxic vs Chelsea if things go as we expect them to.
    This has been going on for well over a decade. What difference will the next toxic atmosphere make? There are no signs the cronies in charge are prepared to change.
    Für eure Sicherheit