0 0%
Page 30 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Absolutely, we win tonight and beat Chelsea in a few weeks time (which is more than possible) then we will go above them. It's all to play for and we are in a battle to finish 3rd as much as we are to finish 4th.

I have confidence in this team given what I have seen this season, but things are going to get pretty stressful these next few weeks as we have some really tricky games coming up. If we can navigate our way through tonight with a win and beat Brighton and Southampton the next few weeks then we are going to be in a really strong position irrespective of what our rivals do.
    Or maybe not

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You're both right, but to me finishing 5th below Spurs feels more credible than finishing 3rd above Chelsea.
    Let's see what happens tonight though, we have been passing these tests of late but this is a big one.
    Palace are in great form so it's going to be a tough one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    argh man, that's bad
    Doesn't matter now. If Palace can ass fu us 3-0 we ain't getting 4th. Oh well, back to reality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thet also beat the spuds by the same score and have held City twice something we haven't done in a while.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Thet also beat the spuds by the same score and have held City twice something we haven't done in a while.

Palace are in great form, I’m disappointed we got humped last night but it doesn’t definitively tell us we won’t get 4th. We need to dust ourselves off and win the next couple. If Spurs slip - and they will at some point - then things will feel different

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    The difference is the manager they have and the one we do. Reverse those positions and Palace would be facing relegation.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 05-04-2022 at 07:52 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please is there any chance we could rename this thread 'By when will Arteta be sacked?'

that bad grammar is killing me...

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night's game highlighted all the limitations of Arteta and this team.

We only set up one way, no matter the opponent.
    The attack is cut and paste too, play out to the wings (mostly right wing, Saka) and cross into the box to the target man that doesn't exist.

ESR with his pass to the keeper when in a goal scoring opportunity showed our lack of shooting.

Lacazette is one of the best DM's in the prem, currently playing in the striker role and failing miserably.

Then there is Granit Backpass...... plays every game for 90+ mins (unless red carded)
    Our lack of squad depth and options is appalling.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the idea of pushing on for 4th with what we have and spending in the summer with CL potentially in mind, but weakening the team and not replacing in Jan was a mistake that may cost us 4th anyway.

Glad that Martinelli got on - but was then mostly ignored. A potentially top striker is now utilised as just a winger to incorporate a central striker that cant shoot or score goals.

We can still achieve 4th if the team come out firing on all cylinders every game now but it's a big ask.

Notable highlight was Arteta not making the usual identikit like for like subs and actaully trying to force a more attacking game - just a shame there is no real threat in attack.

Optimism balloon well and truly burst last night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This time last year we were:

P29 W12 D6 L11 F40 A32 Pts42

At this stage. Now we are:

P29 W17 D3 L9 F44 A34 Pts54

I'd suggest that's a pretty clear improvement so far. We only need 7 more points to get the same points as we finished on last year, it seems pretty clear there's going to be improvement this year.
    It might not be enough for top 4 but overall I'm seeing positive signs in the team. Last night was a bad day at the office, we have reacted well after other setbacks, if we do again then I don't think we'll be far away from top 4 this year.
    I don't think anyone thinks we're the finished product but for all my "Arteta out" wobbles this season I think he's taking us in the right direction and has earned the right to try and continue that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    Last night's game highlighted all the limitations of Arteta and this team.

We only set up one way, no matter the opponent.
    The attack is cut and paste too, play out to the wings (mostly right wing, Saka) and cross into the box to the target man that doesn't exist.

ESR with his pass to the keeper when in a goal scoring opportunity showed our lack of shooting.

Lacazette is one of the best DM's in the prem, currently playing in the striker role and failing miserably.

Then there is Granit Backpass...... plays every game for 90+ mins (unless red carded)
    Our lack of squad depth and options is appalling.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the idea of pushing on for 4th with what we have and spending in the summer with CL potentially in mind, but weakening the team and not replacing in Jan was a mistake that may cost us 4th anyway.

Glad that Martinelli got on - but was then mostly ignored. A potentially top striker is now utilised as just a winger to incorporate a central striker that cant shoot or score goals.

We can still achieve 4th if the team come out firing on all cylinders every game now but it's a big ask.

Notable highlight was Arteta not making the usual identikit like for like subs and actaully trying to force a more attacking game - just a shame there is no real threat in attack.

Optimism balloon well and truly burst last night.
    The optimism ballon may have deflated, but I think your criticism of Arteta is OTT. Like Letters says he has quite obviously made progress this season, and had we won last night the plaudits for our manager would be continuing. Yes not signing a striker in January was a gamble but W11 D1 L3 since Aubameyang's last game is hardly evidence that this has not paid off.

What is also easy to ignore is the other ways that the manager has almost revolutionised our team and the general atmosphere around it. He has built a togetherness in the team and connection with the fans that could easily have been harmed by signing a mercenary striker in January. Whether we finish 4th or 8th this season, for the team's longer term health signing the right player(s) is arguably more important than signing someone to try a top 4 push that I do not believe was the objective at the start of the season.

Let's give the manager the benefit of the doubt after a rare disappointment since this young team bedded in.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter