Page 38 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I watched some of the Palace game, not all of it because it was unwatchable.

The players on the flanks advance down the pitch when we have possession and then make themselves available by turning their back to goal and offering the easy lay-off. As soon as they get the ball they do one of two things. If they have a bot of space they fuck about, tipping it this way then that. Then they play it back to the original passer or they lay it off with a square pass to the middle. If they don't have space they instantly go sideways or backwards.

The players in the middle get the ball, advance up the field, turn around so their back is to goal, and play it out to the flank (where the recipient is waiting, back to goal), or all the way back to the defensive middle where the same depressing sequence begins again.

When players get the ball in an advanced position (very rare) they either pick the easy option, square pass across the box, or the easier option, tap in back to the middle. At that point, maybe 50% of the time, the player in the middle will opt to tap in back into defence.

When the option arises to take a player on, especially on the flanks, the carrier will stop, turn his back to goal and then proceed as described above.

Throw-ins are aimlessly tossed into traffic or directly safely backwards.

Corners are a joke, as has been the case for years.

When a shooting opportunity arises it will inevitably be a wild strike off target, especially when there are better options available. I think everyone on the team knows those "better" options will result in a pointless back pass so they give it a lash and hope for the best.

This represents 90-95% of the play with the odd few instances that allow the players to remember they can actually play the game. The whole industry is now built on those few seconds where competitive football penetrates the Barcelona-lite bullshit that has served football so poorly for over a decade.

Tip, tap, tip, tap. Every season. Doesn't matter who the manager is. Doesn't matter who wears the shirts. Tip, tap. Tip, tap. Pointless, boring, soul crushing garbage that has become the playbook not just for Arsenal but most teams in most leagues.

All you have to do is watch any football match prior to around the turn of the new century to see the stark difference. Everyone knows how far the quality has dropped, but they make excuses by saying the modern game requires more energy - even though it chugs along at snail pace.

Arsenal FC has been the undisputed master of this dire parody of football for so long now, with not even a glimmer of a hint of and end in sight.
    I applaud you sir.

Pretty much what I have been sewing my eyes open to try and stomach for the last few years too!

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    “It’s not you, it’s us”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    He’s obviously a good coach but in his second season we were in free fall. Sometimes things just don’t work if the environment isn’t right no matter what your ability is. Can he deal with clubs with higher demands? Probably not.

Underdog Spanish sides are clearly his comfort zone and what he does better than anyone.
    Spot on.

If we ever get to thinking BIG again...i.e. hire the best proven managers for the best league in the world (something Spurs did which some of us said we should go out and do), we'll probably get back to where we belong faster, until then, let's keep experimenting with leftovers and doe eyed interns and see where it gets us, since that has apparently become the Arsenal way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    he couldn't speak the language and couldn't handle managing in the PL - apart from that he was fine
    Aye, slightly unrelated but I see Moyes has got West Ham to a Europa Semi, things are starting to not look too good for Arteta if West Ham go on to win it. We need to really step up now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will likely take Spurs winning the CL for the fans to take umbrage enough to sack this chancer. Fans far too passive.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    It will likely take Spurs winning the CL for the fans to take umbrage enough to sack this chancer. Fans far too passive.
    If we tailspin this season like i think we might, he's gonna have to do well at the start of next season to hold on IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even when Spurs lose and give us a chance, we lose.
    Arteta out. Today. Please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When arteta does leave I doubt it will be this season as we were 4th for a bit so that's improving. However lose to Chelsea and united which is perfectly possible and that would be 5 in a row so arteta could just see out season and we move on from there. Who would we like to replace him with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    When arteta does leave I doubt it will be this season as we were 4th for a bit so that's improving. However lose to Chelsea and united which is perfectly possible and that would be 5 in a row so arteta could just see out season and we move on from there. Who would we like to replace him with.
    Someone who knows what they're doing, it would make such a change...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    I don’t want Arsenal to sack any manager because of what another team does.
    Sack him for what we do - or don’t do.
    The mood is shifting back to Arteta Out. Mine certainly is and I’m more patient and less reactionary than most. As I said elsewhere, the best thing about any manager now is they’re not Wenger. In the sense that they don’t have that history with the club. If they’re not getting results you can’t look back at past success because there isn’t any.