0 0%
Page 52 of 110 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    ...and the place I suggested that Liverpool has spent more than us is where, exactly?

FFS - it doesn’t matter, just defend that position!
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    FFS - it doesn’t matter, just defend that position!
    Defend what position? Haven't seen any posts doing much more than moaning without addressing the points I have made about the progress achieved in the context of where we started from.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the Klopp project comparisons at the start of Arteta’s reign.

He had them in a CL final at the end of year 3…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not even going there with Xhaka who BTW has a single red this season
    in the Premier League maybe, but he was sent off against Liverpool in the cup don't forget

he's been sent off more times than any other PL player since he began playing for us, he also has served suspensions for getting too many yellows - so far he's had 52 in the PL in total

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    in the Premier League maybe, but he was sent off against Liverpool in the cup don't forget

he's been sent off more times than any other PL player since he began playing for us, he also has served suspensions for getting too many yellows - so far he's had 52 in the PL in total
    We've already been here and you won't be dissuaded from your Xhaka hate so I won't try...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I remember the Klopp project comparisons at the start of Arteta’s reign.

He had them in a CL final at the end of year 3…
    ...and was regarded as one of the world's best coaches with 14 years of top flight experience when he arrived at Liverpool. Do we really think this is a fair or realistic comparison with Arteta?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've already been here and you won't be dissuaded from your Xhaka hate so I won't try...
    in other words you're dismissing the evidence i just gave you because it doesn't fit with your world view - are you a Tory minister by any chance?

and in general your attempted brushing aside of Arteta's failings in favour of some vague stuff around 'bringing the club together' might have some merit but he's still responsible for multiple failures

he accidentally stumbled on players like Saka, Martinelli, ESR and now Elneny after ignoring them for a long time, it's not been a strategic thing to bring them in

he doesn't recognise when players are ready and he's doing the same with Balogun and especially Saliba, instead relying on too few playes to get the job done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IBK always argues in good faith. The opposite of you. The nerve, to accuse somebody of dismissing evidence. As for world views, good lord. That's priceless. Especially as you underpin the comedy with a reference to Tories, the ultimate fake paradigm which you buy into so easily, despite all the... evidence.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in other words you're dismissing the evidence i just gave you because it doesn't fit with your world view - are you a Tory minister by any chance?

and in general your attempted brushing aside of Arteta's failings in favour of some vague stuff around 'bringing the club together' might have some merit but he's still responsible for multiple failures

he accidentally stumbled on players like Saka, Martinelli, ESR and now Elneny after ignoring them for a long time, it's not been a strategic thing to bring them in

he doesn't recognise when players are ready and he's doing the same with Balogun and especially Saliba, instead relying on too few playes to get the job done
    I didn't dismiss the 'evidence'. What I dismissed was any prospect of a reasonable debate with you about Xhaka - and your own dismissal of what is an improved disciplinary record from this player this season speaks to this. Neither have I brushed aside Arteta's failings. Far from it. But this is the problem with 'absolutist' arguments isn't it? Pointing out areas where Arteta has made progress is brushing aside failings. It's not - they are 2 different things. You don't like or rate Arteta - fair enough - youre entitled to your opinions. But if you think that the club hasn't made progress under him (and success at any football club is about more than just picking players) then I think that your antipathy is making you, not me, pretty one-eyed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also your comments re the above players again shows a lack of balance. I agree with you that we were left with too small a squd/first teamers to get the job done this season, but even this needs to be balanced by the key injories we suffered at crucial times. Also, its interesting that you focus on the manager's apparent inability to recognise young talent while ignoring the fact that this season he has built a team around them. Is it not also fair to recognise the improvements that they have made (or do you put this solely down to the players themselves with no outside influence)?