0 0%
Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well, honestly, none of us know if that will happen.
    Can you give a hint at how many years it's going to take for you to figure it out? I mean, it's a sure thing. A decade later, what are you holding out for?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I honestly do admire your loyalty and positivity for the club Letters, however:

You say that we have a young team and that we were tired because of injuries. Really?

We had no European football, and just one match in the FA Cup (dumped out by a Championship club). And they play on carpet every week.

Why didn’t we buy a striker in January to push us on when it was clear that Auba was leaving? And possibly one additional squad player for cover.

Yes, I predicted a 7th place finish, but if you put yourselves in an excellent position to get fourth, you go full throttle to do it! Not bottle it at the end.

You are correct about comparing History (I had a season ticket in the 80’s under Terry Neil and Don Howe, it was awful ☹) , however, we moved stadiums to compete with the so called “Big Boys”.

Unfortunately, that ended when we did move to the Emirates.
    I thought the 80's and Neill and Howe were fucking great. Yeah, the football was a bit of a drag but at least it was real men going at it, instead of pampered poofters. But the whole day out was what life was all about. Started on Friday night and didn't end until a sorry Sunday afternoon, waking up with ten times as many brain cells as Mac possesses in total having been wiped out.

And it cost about fifteen quid, maybe twenty if you were determined to do your liver. That included match entry.

Trains seemed to run on time too.

Was still great to see the like of Liam Brady strolling around like he owned the place, which he usually did.

Good times. Sad to see them used by fans making apologies for the cynical bullshit that masquerades as football today.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Every team we are supposedly in competition with to win the league. City. Pool, Chelsea will get stronger next season, all having far far better managers and players and more likely than us to get the top tier of players who could lift us as a team. Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle, Maybe Leicester are the real teams we are competing with and between us and them I dont see much of an advantage we would have as a desirable destination for the 2nd tier of players we would need. Are players around the globe seriously dreaming of playing under Arteta.

Eternal optimism can only take you so far until you are stomped on hard by reality. By Xmas the old the old optimists will be telling us to "Give him till the end of the season"

Some of you are like Charlie from the "Peanuts cartoon. Lucy holding the ball and telling you to run up and give it a swift kick.........Fooling you for the umpteenth time as she swiftly snatches the ball and you end up somersaulting in the air.
    I've posted up that video a few times. I don't think they get it. I think they take it as me being hot on Lucy. But it's the perfect analogy.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Depends what we do in the summer.
    We all agreed we needed to clear out dead wood. But it needs to be replaced with quality. If we don’t do that then yeah, we’re screwed.
    I reckon we'll trigger Mbappe's buyout clause.

I fucking can't wait. It's going to be so great!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yet here we all are
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I thought the 80's and Neill and Howe were fucking great. Yeah, the football was a bit of a drag but at least it was real men going at it, instead of pampered poofters. But the whole day out was what life was all about. Started on Friday night and didn't end until a sorry Sunday afternoon, waking up with ten times as many brain cells as Mac possesses in total having been wiped out.

And it cost about fifteen quid, maybe twenty if you were determined to do your liver. That included match entry.

Trains seemed to run on time too.

Was still great to see the like of Liam Brady strolling around like he owned the place, which he usually did.

Good times. Sad to see them used by fans making apologies for the cynical bullshit that masquerades as football today.
    No, no. You misunderstood. The football wasn't great, however, those wonderful"proper" football days are gone forever. I agree with you.
    We didn't have much money but you could always afford a few quid for football and a cheeky bag of chips! Not like today, you need to be loaded to pay the prices the shitty crooks have created. It is a Billionaire's playground who don't give a fuck about the fans. The Hill-Wood family would be turning in their graves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Hill-Wood family sold us out pal!

Thank you for your interest in our affairs.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post

True sadly, but it was the son, not the father. All the board members post Dein need to get locked in a cage with a Bengal Tiger. they took the money when the American showed up. Worst part is Wiggy never sells. We are fked for a long time, at least until the old man dies. Maybe Jnr will be a bit more flexible. First order is still to dump the joker Arteta but the losers gave him a new 3 year contract. Probably afraid Barca would come poach their ink-tressed, golden manager.

Usmanov is lucky he sold when he did. I hope he didnt plunk the cash in a UK bank...if so, Ooops!
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 02-06-2022 at 10:59 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post

I thought it was due to ill health.

Regardless, we were by far the best, traditional, family owned club. Their interest was THE Arsenal.
    Now we have a bunch of yanks who know nothing about our club and tradition. So sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I thought it was due to ill health.

Regardless, we were by far the best, traditional, family owned club. Their interest was THE Arsenal.
    Now we have a bunch of yanks who know nothing about our club and tradition. So sad.
    By the time Hill-Wood jnr sold out he was a minority shareholder and only a nominal chairman. He had no say except was he was told to say
    Make 2mrw better than 2day