• Saturday

0 0%
Page 65 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arms folded is a defensive posture that tells people keep away that’s basic body language reading, the lack of fixed eye contact (often looks away from people). You find that when he sits down his arms are often folded, his legs close together this is all closed body language

Passive Aggressive - the way he dealt with Auba

Uncomfortable with one on one interactions - during eight episodes he never has more than brief interactions with players one on one, often the same with staff and when he’s interviewed he’s usually on his own. Even at home there is a distance maintained from his wife and kids
    See his response when asked about how Wenger would go for a coffee with whoever was his club captain, the idea horrifies him.

None of this is deep psychoanalysis because apart from anything else psychoanalysis deals with what’s beneath the surface the pre and sub conscious - dream analysis and bullshit like that. I’m merely talking about what’s there on a plain surface level. I’m sorry we’ve become so detached as a society that we can’t read each other anymore but there’s nothing I’ve said that shouldn’t be apparent to anyone with any basic understanding of body language and behaviour.

I’m sorry to piss on your bonfire, but when I said I was deeply concerned by what I saw in that documentary it wasn’t hyperbole. To be honest I went in thinking i was just making assumptions about how stand offish, socially awkward and unfriendly he was….and for the first episode I thought ok maybe I’ve misjudged him but as you go further in the evidence is disturbing.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 21-09-2022 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Arms folded is a defensive posture that tells people keep away that’s basic body language reading, the lack of fixed eye contact (often looks away from people). You find that when he sits down his arms are often folded, his legs close together this is all closed body language

Passive Aggressive - the way he dealt with Auba

Uncomfortable with one on one interactions - during eight episodes he never has more than brief interactions with players one on one, often the same with staff and when he’s interviewed he’s usually on his own. Even at home there is a distance maintained from his wife and kids
    See his response when asked about how Wenger would go for a coffee with whoever was his club captain, the idea horrifies him.

None of this is deep psychoanalysis because apart from anything else psychoanalysis deals with what’s beneath the surface the pre and sub conscious - dream analysis and bullshit like that. I’m merely talking about what’s there on a plain surface level. I’m sorry we’ve become so detached as a society that we can’t read each other anymore but there’s nothing I’ve said that shouldn’t be apparent to anyone with any basic understanding of body language and behaviour.
    While i'm perfectly prepared to accept he's not the best man-manager - that much has been obvious from his failure to work with many players already - i think you need to apply a pinch of salt to what you see on 'AoN' - he may well be reacting to the presence of the cameras in the way he behaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No the difference is your drawing your opinion from 7 games (6 realistically) I’m drawing off almost 140

Also why mention Zinchenko along with Jesus, I don’t know why he and quality belong in the same sentence. He doesn’t know what a left back does, he doesn’t get forward the only thing he does is maybe free up space for Martinelli
    - 1st season - FA Cup
    - 3rd season - misses out on CL football by just 2 points with the youngest team in the EPL
    - Currently has a team playing better than we have seen at Arsenal for more than a decade. Clearly able tactically. Has put together perhaps the most exciting collection of young players in Europe and build a solid platform for whoever manages us next season. Has restored some identity; a clear playing style; spirit and togetherness among the players and healed much of the rift between players and fans. Has made the Emirates a happy place to be again. Has cleared out most of the dross.

Not bad for a rookie manager.

This is what I am drawing on. If you want to ignore the progress that Arteta has made over the past 18 months then knock yourself out.

...and if you think Zinchenko is not quality, I'm afraid that says it all.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even at home there is a distance maintained from his wife and kids

You cannot be taken seriously when you post shit like this.
    His wife makes fleeting appearances at best, it's a series about Arsenal's season, not Arteta's home life.
    From the fleeting glimpses we do get you're making up this whole narrative about his relationship with his wife and kids.
    Do me a favour.

This continues to be all in your head, no matter how many times you double down on it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No the difference is your drawing your opinion from 7 games (6 realistically) I’m drawing off almost 140
    Bullshit. No-one is doing that.

The season he joined we ended up:
    W15 D14 L10 56 - 8th. He joined in December, our points per game that season up to the point he joined were 1.29, in the games he was in charge for it was 1.62.
    And, as has been noted, we won the FA Cup beating City and Chelsea in the semi-final and final.

The following season our stats were:
    W18 D7 L13 61 - 8th. Not great but some improvement points wise.

Last season our stats were:
    W22 D3 L13 69 - 5th - I'd suggest this is a pretty decent improvement and I'd note that 69 points was enough for 3rd in the previous 2 seasons. The collapse at the end was disappointing but pretty much no-one on here expected top 4 last year.

This season...sure, we've had mostly easy games so far, but we are winning games we weren't winning last season. Obviously we don't know where we'll end up, there's a long way to go.
    But anyone who can't see some improvement year on year just isn't looking. Not just in terms of points but in terms of style of play and a feeling that they're a team now and not just a group of players.
    And it's still a young squad which has plenty of potential for improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The progress has been slow and at times painful, there were plenty of times during his first 18 months where I wasn’t sure if we’d even finish in the top half. I actually think he was the coach who benefitted most from games behind closed doors, there’s no doubt it would have been incredibly toxic with fans in the ground and the clamour to sack him would have given the board a decision to make.

Now coming to the end of his second 18 months I can see with clarity what’s been happening. It was a total rebuild from back to front. Gone are the washed up players coasting on big contracts because the previous regime had no strategy and wasted a fortune on short term fixes. Now we have a hungry first team mostly made of players who were all signed under Arteta’s watch, the result is possibly the most functional Arsenal team we’ve seen in years.

Is it perfect? No, far from it. I fear for us if there is an injury pile up, which knowing our luck will happen at some point. We should have gone in on CM and maybe a winger too, but you can’t have it all I guess.

Things are much better now than the mess he inherited, how far can he take us I don’t know but I’m enjoying watching us again and it’s been donkeys years since I’ve felt that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The progress has been slow and at times painful, there were plenty of times during his first 18 months where I wasn’t sure if we’d even finish in the top half. I actually think he was the coach who benefitted most from games behind closed doors, there’s no doubt it would have been incredibly toxic with fans in the ground and the clamour to sack him would have given the board a decision to make.

Now coming to the end of his second 18 months I can see with clarity what’s been happening. It was a total rebuild from back to front. Gone are the washed up players coasting on big contracts because the previous regime had no strategy and wasted a fortune on short term fixes. Now we have a hungry first team mostly made of players who were all signed under Arteta’s watch, the result is possibly the most functional Arsenal team we’ve seen in years.

Is it perfect? No, far from it. I fear for us if there is an injury pile up, which knowing our luck will happen at some point. We should have gone in on CM and maybe a winger too, but you can’t have it all I guess.

Things are much better now than the mess he inherited, how far can he take us I don’t know but I’m enjoying watching us again and it’s been donkeys years since I’ve felt that.
    Pretty much.

Arteta shouldn't have been given the job.

Arteta was very lucky not to be, and justifiably could've been, sacked.

Arteta is doing a decent job now.

All of those statements can be true. I definitely wanted him out. I think if he'd gone and a Conte, Pochetino, other experienced manager came in then Arsenal could be in the CL this season and a year ahead of where they are now. But he's still there and now making undeniable progress so I no longer want him sacked. I still don't like his favoritism, his aversion to others, his poor in game management and lots of other things but the good is now outweighing the bad.

The players clearly like him and many have said on multiple occasions how good he is one on one. That even goes back to his time at City, where many City players have said the same.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But he folds his arms
    #ArtetaOut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    While i'm perfectly prepared to accept he's not the best man-manager - that much has been obvious from his failure to work with many players already - i think you need to apply a pinch of salt to what you see on 'AoN' - he may well be reacting to the presence of the cameras in the way he behaves.
    Wouldn’t he be on his best behaviour in front of the cameras, why would he pretend to be extremely insular and socially awkward?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    - 1st season - FA Cup
    - 3rd season - misses out on CL football by just 2 points with the youngest team in the EPL
    - Currently has a team playing better than we have seen at Arsenal for more than a decade. Clearly able tactically. Has put together perhaps the most exciting collection of young players in Europe and build a solid platform for whoever manages us next season. Has restored some identity; a clear playing style; spirit and togetherness among the players and healed much of the rift between players and fans. Has made the Emirates a happy place to be again. Has cleared out most of the dross.

Not bad for a rookie manager.

This is what I am drawing on. If you want to ignore the progress that Arteta has made over the past 18 months then knock yourself out.

...and if you think Zinchenko is not quality, I'm afraid that says it all.

I see in your attempt to make a coherent argument you’ve pretended the 2nd season didn’t exist

The parallels between the second and third season are striking, we lost as many games we just drew fewer.

We failed to score in 11 league games in 2021/2022, we failed to score in 11 in 2020/2021

We had a goal difference of + 16 in 2020/2021, and + 13 in 2021/2022

Every time we seem to turn a corner we then go into a run of defeats, that’s the way it’s been throughout Arteta’s reign

And I’ll remind you that people have said exactly the same about Ramsey as you are now saying about Zinchenko. I don’t know if he’s a good player or not, all i know is that he’s not a left back and I’m not even sure what position is his best.