Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    But he folds his arms
    #ArtetaOut
    You insisted it was in my head and I’m trying to explain basic body language to you that allows you to come to a conclusion about someone, a lot of our behaviour is done without thinking about it…it’s called having tells. I can assume you’ve never played poker in your life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You cannot be taken seriously when you post shit like this.
    His wife makes fleeting appearances at best, it's a series about Arsenal's season, not Arteta's home life.
    From the fleeting glimpses we do get you're making up this whole narrative about his relationship with his wife and kids.
    Do me a favour.

This continues to be all in your head, no matter how many times you double down on it.

Compare Xhaka’s reaction to seeing his children and his wife to Arteta

Again what you seem to miss is that I’m not saying he should be sacked because he’s an emotional retard but that it’s abundantly clear that lack of emotional intelligence has contributed to what anyone else would see as a below average managerial record for a club like Arsenal.

I’m not saying he’d be a good coach if he was warm and a people person.

If we are assessing his role as a coach it’s far easier to point to continually poor transfer decisions, poor substitutions, falling out with players and inability to rotate his squad.

This whole argument started because it was asserted that I couldn’t possibly know Arteta was a cold person. Where as it’s abundantly clear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Pretty much.

Arteta shouldn't have been given the job.

Arteta was very lucky not to be, and justifiably could've been, sacked.

Arteta is doing a decent job now.

All of those statements can be true. I definitely wanted him out. I think if he'd gone and a Conte, Pochetino, other experienced manager came in then Arsenal could be in the CL this season and a year ahead of where they are now. But he's still there and now making undeniable progress so I no longer want him sacked. I still don't like his favoritism, his aversion to others, his poor in game management and lots of other things but the good is now outweighing the bad.

The players clearly like him and many have said on multiple occasions how good he is one on one. That even goes back to his time at City, where many City players have said the same.
    Except I don’t think it’s clear the players do like him

Are we to ignore the testimony of every player who has left the club who said they had no relationship with the coach and were frozen out, and actually couldn’t understand what they’d done wrong.

The testimonies to Arteta are based on his tactical knowledge and how driven he is, they respect the fact he’s smart and understands the game well. I think that’s true, but I think in that lies an arrogance which leads him to think he’s more clever than he is and therefore we’ve seen galaxy brained tactical set ups and glaring blind spots in the transfer market

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two seperate views on Arteta and actually I don’t think one informs the other

I don’t like him as a person, there’s a level on which I can relate to him not being a people person and preferring his own company. But I think the difference between us is I’m not arrogant enough to know that about myself and do a job where a level of being personable is required. So either Arteta lacks the capacity for self reflection or he’s monstrously arrogant.

But monstrously arrogant people often lack self reflection. I think he’s a coward, I think he’s spiteful and I think he’d be ok destroying the career of any player in service to his own ego. When I say I think this is purely my opinion…he gives me every impression of being a truly nasty piece of work.

But that’s not relevant to how he does the job, if I was happy with the job he was doing not only would I not be bothered about him being a nasty piece of work, I’d positively be very pleased about it.

But I’ve seen too many transfer summers where players were bought we didn’t need and positions were needed players in was ignored.

I saw a record last season of losing almost 90% of games where we conceded the first goal

Of losing almost a third of our league games, a goal scoring record of 165 goals in 103 games

I don’t care how we’ve flattered to deceive to find ourselves top, I don’t care that we’ve managed one solid performance three days ago in the entire time the cunt has been here.

The guy is a fucking fraud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Pretty much.

Arteta shouldn't have been given the job.

Arteta was very lucky not to be, and justifiably could've been, sacked.

Arteta is doing a decent job now.

All of those statements can be true. I definitely wanted him out. I think if he'd gone and a Conte, Pochetino, other experienced manager came in then Arsenal could be in the CL this season and a year ahead of where they are now. But he's still there and now making undeniable progress so I no longer want him sacked. I still don't like his favoritism, his aversion to others, his poor in game management and lots of other things but the good is now outweighing the bad.

The players clearly like him and many have said on multiple occasions how good he is one on one. That even goes back to his time at City, where many City players have said the same.
    i wouldn't want Ponce or Conte tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i wouldn't want Ponce or Conte tbh
    I’m not pining for another coach I haven’t even thought that far, I have no realistic expectation that a shoddily run club like ours will push Arteta when it’s time to do so.

Plus as I say I think he’s only the symptom of a much larger disease

Edu needs to go, Richard Garlick needs to go, Kroenke’s retarded son needs to go….that creepy child molester Carlos Cuesta needs to go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I have two seperate views on Arteta and actually I don’t think one informs the other

I don’t like him as a person, there’s a level on which I can relate to him not being a people person and preferring his own company. But I think the difference between us is I’m not arrogant enough to know that about myself and do a job where a level of being personable is required. So either Arteta lacks the capacity for self reflection or he’s monstrously arrogant.

But monstrously arrogant people often lack self reflection. I think he’s a coward, I think he’s spiteful and I think he’d be ok destroying the career of any player in service to his own ego. When I say I think this is purely my opinion…he gives me every impression of being a truly nasty piece of work.

But that’s not relevant to how he does the job, if I was happy with the job he was doing not only would I not be bothered about him being a nasty piece of work, I’d positively be very pleased about it.

But I’ve seen too many transfer summers where players were bought we didn’t need and positions were needed players in was ignored.

I saw a record last season of losing almost 90% of games where we conceded the first goal

Of losing almost a third of our league games, a goal scoring record of 165 goals in 103 games

I don’t care how we’ve flattered to deceive to find ourselves top, I don’t care that we’ve managed one solid performance three days ago in the entire time the cunt has been here.

The guy is a fucking fraud.
    I agree the record when going behind was appalling, it was my biggest bugbear last year. Knowing that going behind in a match would almost certainly result in a loss was pathetic. We’ve already managed to match the one win we got last season after conceding first, so that’s something I guess.

Honestly man, I think your hatred for Arteta as a person has clouded your judgment to the work actually being done. No one is saying we’re on a one way ticket to the promise land but it certainly feels better than it was.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 21-09-2022 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s honestly not clouded anything, I just don’t think I’ve seen anything that makes me believe we will finish top four.

Games like Sunday are nice but they are the exception. I don’t hate Arteta, that would be ridiculous I’ve never met him and he’s never done anything to me personally. I’m providing a character assessment based on what I’ve seen of him, and it makes me believe I wouldn’t like him if I did know him.

I don’t think he’s doing a good job it’s as simple as that, and it will take far far more than what I’ve seen so far to convince me otherwise.

If we beat Tottenham, get a draw against Liverpool, get results against Leeds, Southampton, Forest and Wolves….I won’t be too fussed even if we lose to Chelsea. I don’t give a fuck about the Europa league

Then I can say the horrendous record in the past is in the past and isn’t just a continuing pattern of a man who doesn’t know what he’s doing and who’s spite and stubbornness is bringing us down with him.

I don’t forgive easily, the United game was unforgivable….because it made me question something I’d never done with Wenger or Emery, gave me cause to believe he deliberately tanked the game. I can’t prove it, I never will be able to….but it’s the kind of thing a personality like I suspect Arteta has would do out of petulance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Compare Xhaka’s reaction to seeing his children and his wife to Arteta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The grownups are talking

Why don’t you sit and watch one of the Minion films with the kids get them to point out which one most looks like you