Page 67 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    The grownups are talking

Why don’t you sit and watch one of the Minion films with the kids get them to point out which one most looks like you
    That would work better if you weren't the one thinking you can infer details of someone's character down to his relationships with his family from a heavily edited reality TV show.
    The clip explains why you're so full of shit. If you can't or won't engage with it then fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That would work better if you weren't the one thinking you can infer details of someone's character down to his relationships with his family from a heavily edited reality TV show.
    The clip explains why you're so full of shit. If you can't or won't engage with it then fine
    Again none of this is complicated

If you were on camera for a documentary would you or would you not make the effort to present the best version of yourself especially in a section where your home life is being looked at. Yes I accept your point about documentaries being sanitised, but that’s the point….a sanitised version would not show him ignoring his own kids and barely being able to look at his own wife.

Maybe it was wrong of me to assume what appears so obvious would be so to other people but you’re acting like I’m saying this stuff now rather than stuff I highlighted as highly alarming at the time. Yes I get it we are all prone to hyperbole, but I’m very serious here. I’ve even spoken about it with others with a view to wonder whether he’s on the autism spectrum but that would be an unfair diagnosis which I am absolutely not qualified to make.

Honestly look through the thread, I note constantly about how I find his behaviour disturbing and people like here dismiss it because it’s just a documentary. Where as just a documentary would show the most sanitised version of him, it wouldn’t make him seem strange if he wasn’t.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 21-09-2022 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll leave you with a review i wrote for the series some time ago. Looked at in isolation from my opinion of Arteta as a coach, it ardently points out what I regard as red flags about him as a person.

All or Nothing: Arsenal

This brought out the hypocrite in me, because I was very clear that I wasn’t in favour of this…I think the club is still very much at a crossroads and opening yourself up to ridicule in this way is just unnecessary.

However the bonnet was opened and I wasn’t about to avoid taking a look at the inner mechanisms.

So what did I learn?

Not a lot really, these documentaries are done for the purpose of drama rather than informing their audience. So the only insights you get are into the psychological make up of the people being interviewed.
    And to that end the series was less about Arsenal football club and more about Mikel Arteta. Which was an interesting way to go when you’re dealing with someone who on the surface is not especially charismatic or interesting.
    However what it does is leave you with several red flags, the players all seem of the view that Arteta is one of the most tactically astute people in the game.
    But there’s no real personal affection, there is very little seen of him interacting with players on a one on one basis apart from a rather odd conversation with Cedric Soares about rote learning telephone numbers.
    Even Edu seems to hint that what at least was missing in previous seasons was a personal relationship with the players.
    Arteta’s body language betrays him, whilst he demands that a player look at him in post match bollockings he clearly finds eye contact difficult to maintain. There is that defensive body posture of arms folded and a sense that even outside of the club there really isn’t anything resembling close friendships.
    That’s not a criticism, in fact I’m a very introverted person myself (people have noticed that I seem far less confident and at ease around people I see in person than how we might speak online)
    For the life of me though I can’t see how that works in a job which requires you to be an extrovert with social skills and it’s not a lack of effort on his part either. He does try to interact with players on the training ground but it comes across as artificial and there seems to always be an air of condescension about him when he does.
    Quixotic team talks that are largely a rambling shambles (and not helped by the fact that his basque accent tends to make him sound like he’s mumbling at times - although this was far more pronounced with Unai Emery) do not help his cause and although I’ve no doubt the players want to win for him their blank expressions betray the fact that when it comes to inspirational speeches they have no idea what he’s talking about (which again is better than having no idea what they are saying which is where they were with Emery)
    When Wenger first came to Arsenal he would often go for coffee with his captain Tony Adams because he wanted to know the man as well as the player, and in a way a counsellor would be proud of gave Adams space to open up to him about being in recovery from Alcohol addiction which he had up to that point only admitted to himself that he had a problem.
    Arteta seems to delegate a lot of these personal conservations he should be having to other members of staff.
    Basic man management dictates that you need to understand your team, what their temperament is, how far you can push them to get the best out of them but mainly they need to also know who you are in order to trust you.
    Arteta is the main focus of this documentary and we the viewer have no greater understanding of who he is as a person at the end of episode eight than we do at the start of episode one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I have taken from the past few pages is that HCZ wants Arteta sacked and Xhaka dropped, pretty much like any thread really!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    All I have taken from the past few pages is that HCZ wants Arteta sacked and Xhaka dropped, pretty much like any thread really!
    That’s not untrue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    That’s not untrue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really have to be looking to get Steve Clarke in now to take over.

Doubt he'd be tempted to leave his current role though, tbf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Behave
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Pretty much.

Arteta shouldn't have been given the job.

Arteta was very lucky not to be, and justifiably could've been, sacked.

Arteta is doing a decent job now.

All of those statements can be true. I definitely wanted him out. I think if he'd gone and a Conte, Pochetino, other experienced manager came in then Arsenal could be in the CL this season and a year ahead of where they are now. But he's still there and now making undeniable progress so I no longer want him sacked. I still don't like his favoritism, his aversion to others, his poor in game management and lots of other things but the good is now outweighing the bad.

The players clearly like him and many have said on multiple occasions how good he is one on one. That even goes back to his time at City, where many City players have said the same.
    Agree with most of your assessment here except the part where you say he is currently doing a decent job....I would say for a Rookie who has had 3 years and 100 of millions poured in (with the undoubted easy fixtures we have had), he's only doing the least he should be doing to avoid the sack after last year's self inflicted horror show.

I can't help but shake the feeling that if we'd given the job to a more experienced hand and continued on the recruitment drive we've had post Emery, we would likely be in a better place. Oh well, hopefully lego man proves me wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Agree with most of your assessment here except the part where you say he is currently doing a decent job....I would say for a Rookie who has had 3 years and 100 of millions poured in (with the undoubted easy fixtures we have had), he's only doing the least he should be doing to avoid the sack after last year's self inflicted horror show.

I can't help but shake the feeling that if we'd given the job to a more experienced hand and continued on the recruitment drive we've had post Emery, we would likely be in a better place. Oh well, hopefully lego man proves me wrong.
    Yep. Absolutely no issue with that. Completely agree.

I also don't think he's entitled to any "it's young team" leeway either.