• Saturday

0 0%
Page 68 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pressure is on him for us to win tomorrow and play well. They gave us a real hiding at their place and the end of last season, payback time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Pressure is on him for us to win tomorrow and play well. They gave us a real hiding at their place and the end of last season, payback time.
    Tbf, they got a lucky penalty decision and a pretty weak red card which ruined the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Tbf, they got a lucky penalty decision and a pretty weak red card which ruined the game.
    which is pretty much what you can expect every time in the NLD

Spuds would be the favourites to win in most eyes - we have beaten the weak teams this season but lost against an all-over-the-place Moan Utd

our team isn't streetwise enough to cope with these cheats - we know they will con the ref into at least one pel and also if they've any sense they'll target Xhaka as much as possible

we shouldn't go into it thinking about staying top of the table - that won't last anyway

A draw is fine to keep Spuds where they are - below us in the table - we shouldn't go chasing a win if it's 1-1 and a few minutes to go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    which is pretty much what you can expect every time in the NLD

Spuds would be the favourites to win in most eyes - we have beaten the weak teams this season but lost against an all-over-the-place Moan Utd

our team isn't streetwise enough to cope with these cheats - we know they will con the ref into at least one pel and also if they've any sense they'll target Xhaka as much as possible

we shouldn't go into it thinking about staying top of the table - that won't last anyway

A draw is fine to keep Spuds where they are - below us in the table - we shouldn't go chasing a win if it's 1-1 and a few minutes to go
    I wouldn’t make them the favourites to win, they have a lousy record at the Emirates and the only reason they got a draw against Chelsea was because a) Chelsea couldn’t take their chances and b) The cheating went unpunished.

They’ve been poor this season…yes they scored loads against Leicester but Leicester are atrocious defensively…they gifted Spurs at least three of those goals

They’ve lost ten times from the sixteen times they’ve come here in the league and won only once. They are not great defensively either.

They are capable of getting a draw but can’t see them winning

I think we will concede, but I think if we keep our goal scoring record I think we should beat them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe, but i'm always pessimistic about the NLD and given the stakes i just worry we'll get carried away and they'll get the cynical win - hope you're right though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    They got all the big calls but they were hardly lucky. It’s in the past anyway, tomorrow is all about securing 3 points nothing less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I wouldn’t make them the favourites to win, they have a lousy record at the Emirates and the only reason they got a draw against Chelsea was because a) Chelsea couldn’t take their chances and b) The cheating went unpunished.

They’ve been poor this season…yes they scored loads against Leicester but Leicester are atrocious defensively…they gifted Spurs at least three of those goals

They’ve lost ten times from the sixteen times they’ve come here in the league and won only once. They are not great defensively either.

They are capable of getting a draw but can’t see them winning

I think we will concede, but I think if we keep our goal scoring record I think we should beat them
    Yeah I agree with all of this. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t win tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never normally a problem at home against them.

Won’t be easy but should get a result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted Arteta out during that horrible losing run in COVID but i am fully behind him now. He has improved this team to the extent that we are believing again. There is still a way to go but let's be honest he is doing a really good job, that's not even in question anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I wanted Arteta out during that horrible losing run in COVID but i am fully behind him now. He has improved this team to the extent that we are believing again. There is still a way to go but let's be honest he is doing a really good job, that's not even in question anymore.
    I don’t like him or trust him, it will take a lot for that to change

But, it’s fair to say I’ve been happy with the results (and the performances) since losing at Old Trafford.

I’m delighted to see Martinelli flourish (he and Jesus should absolutely be playing for Brazil at the World Cup) and I have at this moment in time zero basis to call for Arteta to be sacked.