0 0%
Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I’ll keep saying it till the penny drops, but the season after Wenger left we finished 5th and we’re 2 points off 3rd. And we got to the Europa League final.

People can keep pretending that this is all Wenger if they like but it’s kinda funny watching people who said we were “coming for” City after Wenger’s departure and that we should expect a title challenge within 2 years now pretending that there’s no way anyone could do better.
    We got to the Europa League final?

You have no self awareness, do you?

Does Wenger have blackmail material on you?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just check the table. We're rock bottom. Wenger's legacy has come to pass. Though, I must admit, he was far, far worse than even I imagined. He totally destroyed every facet of this club. It's a cautionary tale about people who can't change when valid change is due.

Ty and Letters will still have stiffies and a hope for a car window blow-job, but I hope when the distant history books are written Wenger gets more criticism than praise, because he deserves it. There's no point hitting the heights (which we most certainly did) if you end up crawling in the gutter. It means you spunked your load with no plan to satisfy the voracious bitch. Ferguson made it happen, and I hate the bloke. Wenger was a pale shadow who had one moment in the sun (and even the blew the big challenge).
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What we currently have is the product of years and years of neglect. Poor recruitment, bloated contracts and a complete oversight as to where our strengths and weaknesses lie on the pitch.

It is broken beyond repair. It isn’t all Arteta’s fault but his position is the one that is the most expendable and also the one where change for the better could occur. If we had any football driven people running the club then maybe this option would be easy to take, but they’ve hidden behind Arteta and this youth project bollocks. We know it is just because they cannot be trusted to bring anyone in that could make a difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    What we currently have is the product of years and years of neglect. Poor recruitment, bloated contracts and a complete oversight as to where our strengths and weaknesses lie on the pitch.

It is broken beyond repair. It isn’t all Arteta’s fault but his position is the one that is the most expendable and also the one where change for the better could occur. If we had any football driven people running the club then maybe this option would be easy to take, but they’ve hidden behind Arteta and this youth project bollocks. We know it is just because they cannot be trusted to bring anyone in that could make a difference.
    Precisely, if we had football driven people running the club.

That's where the first change MUST occur.

Anyone who turns up to an Arsenal match from this day forward must really hate the club.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Letters you keep coming back with the same crap after every defeat.
    Well that’s a lie. I’d have RSI if I mentioned it after every defeat.

Did many on here not tell you what damage Wenger was doing to the club since 2012?.
    No. Most people on here were saying that Wenger was a Bumbling Idiot™ and we’d end up in mid table or worse if he stayed (never happened, the last season was the closest we came and I’ve dealt with the season after he went). The claim was he was dragging us down and we’d immediately improve after he left. One of his biggest critics on here - who is now claiming improvement is impossible - excitedly said we were “coming for City” when Wenger’s departure was announced and said his expectation was a title challenge within 2 years.

Yeah I'm sure you'd like us to go back to those idyllic days of losing 5-1 to Bayern 3 times on the trot.
    No. I wanted Wenger out. I just never saw it as a silver bullet and called bullshit on claims about how we’d be sweeping all before us after he left. That said, I didn’t expect us to become quite this awful. I thought Emery’s first season was a decent platform to build on and expected a decent top 4 challenge the following season. Quite how we’ve become this poor despite all the money we’ve spent is beyond me.

If you truly had any sense of introspection you would just shut up. But instead you keep harping on a trite statement that anyone was better than Wenger.
    Because that is what was claimed. It was always bullshit, I said it was bullshit, it has been proven to be bullshit. If the people who claimed that back in the day had “any sense of introspection” then they’d just admit that rather than desperately trying to rewrite or reframe what they said.

”Ok....but we havent employed Mr Anyone yet". So wind your damn neck in. You were part and parcel of the Wenger knows brigade for over a decade.
    We’ve had 2 anyones.
    And yes, I kept the faith with Wenger far too long.
    But that’s the difference, I’m admitting things I got wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't remember seeing us bottom of the league in my lifetime. It's incredible how this club finds new lows when you think every depth has been dived.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that’s a lie. I’d have RSI if I mentioned it after every defeat.

Did many on here not tell you what damage Wenger was doing to the club since 2012?.
    No. Most people on here were saying that Wenger was a Bumbling Idiot™ and we’d end up in mid table or worse if he stayed (never happened, the last season was the closest we came and I’ve dealt with the season after he went). The claim was he was dragging us down and we’d immediately improve after he left. One of his biggest critics on here - who is now claiming improvement is impossible - excitedly said we were “coming for City” when Wenger’s departure was announced and said his expectation was a title challenge within 2 years.

No. I wanted Wenger out. I just never saw it as a silver bullet and called bullshit on claims about how we’d be sweeping all before us after he left. That said, I didn’t expect us to become quite this awful. I thought Emery’s first season was a decent platform to build on and expected a decent top 4 challenge the following season. Quite how we’ve become this poor despite all the money we’ve spent is beyond me.

Because that is what was claimed. It was always bullshit, I said it was bullshit, it has been proven to be bullshit. If the people who claimed that back in the day had “any sense of introspection” then they’d just admit that rather than desperately trying to rewrite or reframe what they said.

We’ve had 2 anyones.
    And yes, I kept the faith with Wenger far too long.
    But that’s the difference, I’m admitting things I got wrong
    Eeeeee - jut. You can't even read.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    But, being the lying cunt you are, you've tried to turn that into me saying the next manager WOULD compete within 2 years.

I literally used the word “should” in the post you are responding too.

I’m sorry you were wrong, I’d have liked you to be right too. A title race would have been better than this shit. I’m only pointing it out because you keep saying “told you so” when you literally said the reverse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Precisely, if we had football driven people running the club.

That's where the first change MUST occur.
    Right. A rare moment of agreement. Which is why removing the manager was never the only thing necessary with our ownership.

But I never imagined we would become quite this rubbish. It’s almost impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I literally used the word “should” in the post you are responding too.

I’m sorry you were wrong, I’d have liked you to be right too. A title race would have been better than this shit. I’m only pointing it out because you keep saying “told you so” when you literally said the reverse.
    And every context you have applied suggest the opposite, being the snake you are.

Your theory is decline halts once the cause departs. And then the originator can be ignored and others attempt to halt that decline. A very convenient position for one so in love as you.

Back in the real world, the next guy has to pick up the pieces. If you recall (here's some fish food - enjoy), I wanted Arteta before Emery because I knew the idiots had a hard-on for him. Go and check the posts. I think I was the only one who said, let's get Arteta. And why?

Because my whole point was, let's not do another Wenger. Let this guy fail and then get rid. Or let him succeed if he's all that EVERY journalist claimed. Fucking journalists, eh? The people you suck off on a daily basis.

Why Arteta? Because he'd be gone by now. We wasted 2 season by hiring Emery and not scratching the Arteta itch.

Now the next guy will claim he need 2-3 seasons and so it goes on.

Not that it's anything more that an interesting psychological observation at this point. I couldn't give a fuck about what used to be a club.

But you.

You are invested, aren't you. You NEED Wenger to be something he obviously wasn't. You are infatuated. It's embarrassing.
    Für eure Sicherheit