Page 74 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Back to last night's game
    Is anyone else thinking that Saliba and Gabriel are not quite good enough? Saliba looked pretty good in the French League, but the PL is much harder. I would play Kiwior and Holding on Saturday. We must do something to turn this shit show around, and quickly.
    Nah.. They were immense in the first 19 games. I am not a fan of swapping CB's without giving them time.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the cold light of day this morning, two things are clear to me

The first is that Citeh will win the league

The second is that we need to part ways with Arteta in the summer

He's done well to get us a strong team spirit but we have to say he was fortunate to benefit from some of the players we had

Yesterday showed that his flaws will always hold us back from competing with the best

The PL will be tougher next year, we also have the CL

We need someone with top experience to pick up from here

It's what Chelsea in their winning era would have done and we need to do the same to get that kind of success

We need someone who's got no time for Xhaka's idiocy, Zin's flaws and the madness of never using one of the best left backs in the country

So we need to say "thanks Mikel, we'll take it from here"
    Last edited by Mac76; 10-04-2023 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

He's done well to get us a strong team spirit but we have to say he was fortunate to benefit from some of the players we had

Yesterday showed that his flaws will always hold us back from competing with the best

It's what Chelsea in their winning era would have done and we need to do the same to get that kind of success

We need someone who's got no time for Xhaka's idiocy, Zin's flaws and the madness of never using one of the best left backs in the country

Fucking hell

This is like the Liverpool fans who want to get rid of Klopp

The sad fact is the reason the premier league is going to get harder, is because City, United and Newcastle will be able to go berserk with spending.

It’s abundantly clear I’m no fan of Arteta, but the one thing that should be clear this season is that teams that have dropped their coach at the first sign of a roadblock don’t exactly profit from doing so

I’m in no position to lecture anyone for over reacting to a result, I spent a week lambasting Arteta after the United game because tactically I felt he tanked the game…yet interestingly whilst he could and should have been more conservative in that game, he was too conservative yesterday…the fact is you don’t always get it right.

We are likely to get our highest points total in almost twenty years, the idea that anyone at Arsenal is even considering dispensing with Arteta is utterly ludicrous. And as much as I don’t like him especially, the fact is there is no one who strikes me as being able to do a better job with the players he has. He has made Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard into top players.

I get it. Drawing after being two nil up is hugely disappointing, but claiming that we missed this glaring opportunity as if somehow there was this plan that would have cemented a definite victory over a team that almost never loses at home is football manager stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. Sack him, he's shit ��

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i expected, no-one's really thinking this through

Ofc the team has exceeded expectations, but you don't keep a manager because of what they have done, but what you think they can do in the future and I think he's hit his limit

Chelsea won the CL and then changed managers, ruthless it might be but it got them ongoing success and unless the club develops that mentality we're going to be where Chelsea are now, the moment they softened up they lost the plot

Arteta's flawa are too deep, we will have much more high-level football next season and we need someone who's been there and done it

All of Arteta's flaws were on show yesterday, I thought he'd learnt but he hasn't - the club need to start tapping up top level managers right now
    Last edited by Mac76; 10-04-2023 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i expected, no-one's really thinking this through

Ofc the team has exceeded expectations, but you don't keep a manager because of what they have done, but what you think they can do in the future and I think he's hit his limit

Chelsea won the CL and then changed managers, ruthless it might be but it got them ongoing success and unless the club develops that mentality we're going to be where Chelsea are now, the moment they softened up they lost the plot

Arteta's flawa are too deep, we will have much more high-level football next season and we need someone who's been there and done it

All of Arteta's flaws were on show yesterday, I thought he'd learnt but he hasn't - the club need to start tapping up top level managers right now

Whichever way you argue it, this doesn’t come across any less a petulant response to yesterday

You’ve had two posts and in neither have you put forward a top, top managerial candidate to replace Arteta

I don’t get why he sticks with Xhaka but so did Wenger and so did Emery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Whichever way you argue it, this doesn’t come across any less a petulant response to yesterday

You’ve had two posts and in neither have you put forward a top, top managerial candidate to replace Arteta

I don’t get why he sticks with Xhaka but so did Wenger and so did Emery.
    Xhaka's obviously a teacher's pet who runs around however many traffic cones the boss asks him to

Wenger was on his last legs, Emery and Arteta, both with inferiority complexes, liked his unconditional support whem they went through difficult times

Try comparing it with business, a good company looks to what its doing next and if it needs to bring a new CEO who can lead the company in its next phase, they do

What you need to get your head around is that next season will be much more competitive so we need to have the right person with the right experience to do it

And I'm not feeling angry or emotional at all today, just very resigned to our fate and clear about its causes, all of which lie at Arteta's door

A team can't just be good, it needs to be perfect or it won't succeed, and Xhaka, Zin and Arteta are too imperfect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strongly disagree. Arteta has his flaws but he is undoubtedly one of the most sought after managers in Europe ATM, and every team bar Citeh and maybe Newcastle wishes they had someone in his mould. You say his flaws will always hold us back. I say that if this season has shown us anything it is that he is learning - and his project is not complete. As others have said, the key question here is who would be available anyway to continue the momentum that Arteta has achieved? If this were a flash in the pan - a la Leicester after 2016 then there would be more merit in what you are saying, but a second place finish this season will speak to something much deeper than that, and the manager deserves to further augment his side and push on - that much is obvious, for me.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But his project involves Zinchenko, Xhaka and losing Tierney which is why I don't support it, I don't need to mention anyone else, just point to flaws which Arteta shows no sign of understanding

he only knows one way to set up the team and going forward he's just going to bolt the club more deeply into that model

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But his project involves Zinchenko, Xhaka and losing Tierney which is why I don't support it, I don't need to mention anyone else, just point to flaws which Arteta shows no sign of understanding

he only knows one way to set up the team and going forward he's just going to bolt the club more deeply into that model
    And let’s be fair we felt that players like that would mean that we would struggle to finish in the top four.

But as I’ve said, the issue isn’t tactical the reason things will be more difficult is because the ridiculous money four clubs will be spending. There isn’t a robotic super coach that exists that can get past that factor

As for Arteta, he’s no better or worse than Guardiola…who you could very much make the same argument about in terms of tactics preventing him from winning the European cup with City and Bayern

Now could be that, that all changes this season but i wouldn’t be surprised if Bayern knock them out.