0 0%
Page 76 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    No, it's just a POV you don't agree with, but as I keep.pointing out (and no-one has dealt with), it's an approach taken by other clubs including Chelsea which netted them a hatful of honours
    When Chelsea also pumped in a metric shit-ton of money.
    There are many more clubs who have chopped and changed managers without success.
    Arteta has absolutely earned the right to try and push us on next season whatever happens for the rest of this season. If he doesn’t and this is the peak then ok, maybe it is time to consider handing over to someone else. But doing so now would be mental.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The money point is fair but ultimately it's not mental, just something you don't agree with

Anyway i succeeded in creating a debate of sorts I suppose, although only Mandela remotely got it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The money point is fair but ultimately it's not mental, just something you don't agree with

Anyway i succeeded in creating a debate of sorts I suppose, although only Mandela remotely got it

I got it, i just think you’re wrong

Chelsea’s managerial roulette wheel spin has often a) proved not to work and b) is more of a reflection on how toxic the club is and how it’s impossible for anyone to do a good job there long term

Plus look how much money they spaffed up the wall on hiring Potter (having to buy out the remainder of his contract with Brighton) and even more to sack him…they’ve got for Lampard as a caretaker because it’s the cheapest option because there’s only so many accountancy tricks you can do.

The other reason the suggestion you’ve floated doesn’t work is simply because you don’t even have anyone you could immediately say would do a better job than Arteta. This is not because of how good Arteta is but more a reflection on how in this money drenched era the influence of a coach has become more and more marginal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea is a huge outlier. It’s worked for them because they’ve generally always had a very strong squad, not only full of the leagues best talent but also big voices and leaders. Only Mourinho has made a real lasting impact there, everyone else just picks up the baton and runs with it before they’re discarded and forgotten about.

That’s not a route I want to see us go down. Arteta botched the game on Sunday for sure and he’s not flawless by any means, but after years of utter misery where it got to the point where I didn’t even care if we won or lost, I’m grateful that he’s restored my faith in Arsenal. He deserves the time to see this “process” through.

Of course if we revert to type next year then questions can rightly be asked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good points,I admit I've no idea what other coaches are out there and yes Arteta overall has improved the team, plus as per somewhere above I don't want us to replicate Chelsea in general but a certain ruthlessness can be useful

I just wish the bit of Arteta that sees only good in people like Xhaka and Zin coild be surgically removed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All managers have their flaws and their favourites, and opinions will always be subjective. The truth is that our manager isn't perfect, but 73 points after 30 games speaks for itself...no one has done better so far this season. Even if we finish second to a cheating nation state of a team, Arteta will have worked miracles to get us here.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miracles no, a very good job, yes

The miracle will come if we win from here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with this.

Incredible job up until now but the only definitive way to prove himself is to win the title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough