0 0%
Page 77 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    All managers have their flaws and their favourites, and opinions will always be subjective. The truth is that our manager isn't perfect, but 73 points after 30 games speaks for itself...no one has done better so far this season. Even if we finish second to a cheating nation state of a team, Arteta will have worked miracles to get us here.
    Agree with that. Close on a miracle. People seem to have forgotten just how bad the team, and in fact the whole club, was last season. And the season before that, etc. Arteta has somehow managed to put together a somewhat competent team from very slim pickings. Even Klopp can't get his pampered little bastards to put some effort in, but Arteta has somehow motivated our lot to turn up on a consistent basis which is impressive in the modern game. His "favourites" are most likely the key individuals he can't do without in case it all falls back to hell again. People don't like the way Xhaka plays, they want some high rent alternative in there instead. Fine, but make sure the replacement brings fire and commitment because it's in short supply elsewhere and not a drop can be lost or spared.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are again starting to exhibit the same "2nd is alright" mentality that kept Wenger here a decade too long.

If we blow the title from here on. Nothing suggests we will mount a challenge next season, especially if nothing fundamentally changes about the manager and team

The flaws are the same and there for all to see, We cannot cope under adversity or undue pressure. The right mentality is applied either by the manager or better still the players themselves. I cant say we have the players. The flaky ones are still the undroppables in this team.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure about that, we blew 4th last season and many wondered if that was as good as it was going to get. Yet here we are 12 months latter challenging for the league.

We’ve taken some giant strides forward this season and although it’s now looking like it’s one hurdle too many, I think this team has a high enough ceiling to come again. Sprinkle some more signings on top of what is already a reasonably good squad, I think we’ll be in the mix again. CL football to come as well so as downbeat as I am right now, I have to accept that we’ve exceeded expectations so I’m not going to micro-analyse it too much. We’re going to lose out to a doped up goliath of a team, probably the strongest the league has ever had. Got to take it on the chin.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 16-04-2023 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    We are again starting to exhibit the same "2nd is alright" mentality that kept Wenger here a decade too long.

If we blow the title from here on. Nothing suggests we will mount a challenge next season, especially if nothing fundamentally changes about the manager and team

The flaws are the same and there for all to see, We cannot cope under adversity or undue pressure. The right mentality is applied either by the manager or better still the players themselves. I cant say we have the players. The flaky ones are still the undroppables in this team.
    Man City are winning it just as much as we are bottling it so to speak. The crazy thing is we are all losing our sh*t over the team drawing 2 away games whilst still being ahead in the race, that is how much things have changed for us and the team from this time last season.

I want us to win, I am only really interested in 1st place, but it is what it is. I pretty much agree with MO's take on things in his post above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d say we are all going to be in danger of making extreme statements that don’t chime with reality. It’s understandable…we all love this club (arguably far more than is healthy at times ) and a massive disappointment like this brings out a release of pent up emotion that is often just directionless.

When lightning strikes twice it’s more than reasonable to ask questions about how well we’ve insulated ourselves

Arteta often comes across to me as someone who will blame the players but not himself. He’s screaming at the players to calm down….that’s like shouting at your dog when it’s barking incessantly…it’s just going to feed off your agitation.

I also think we have a squad that isn’t rotated well enough. Too many players are undroppable when they really shouldn’t be

But I certainly don’t advocate burning it all to the ground and starting again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I’m not sure about that, we blew 4th last season and many wondered if that was as good as it was going to get. Yet here we are 12 months latter challenging for the league.

We’ve taken some giant strides forward this season and although it’s now looking like it’s one hurdle too many, I think this team has a high enough ceiling to come again. Sprinkle some more signings on top of what is already a reasonably good squad, I think we’ll be in the mix again. CL football to come as well so as downbeat as I am right now, I have to accept that we’ve exceeded expectations so I’m not going to micro-analyse it too much. We’re going to lose out to a doped up goliath of a team, probably the strongest the league has ever had. Got to take it on the chin.
    Sort of agree, although looking forward (and without wanting to revisit the debate we had a few days ago) the thing that makes me a little pessimistic is, as others say here, the issue of seemingly undroppable players and what that says about Arteta's approach

He also isn't handling subs well - he didn't bring on the real game-changers - Nelson, Trossard - early enough and left Saka on while taking Jesus off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an outlier of a season for us. bit like Leicester winning it in 2016. They were winning at a canter and started to stumble in the last 6 games or so. What saved that season want so much themselves but the other chasing teams bottling it in the last with everyone taking points off each other. The same reason we went from CL places to 2nd in the last 2 games. None of us saw this season coming last September. I see no basis for a challenge nest season, I hope Im wrong.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF we blow the title? That was started at Anfield last week and finished today at the London Stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    IF we blow the title? That was started at Anfield last week and finished today at the London Stadium.

Winning today was only going to keep a very small flame alive although I'd already pretty much given up - today just confirms it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)