• Saturday

0 0%
Page 98 of 112 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raya’s continued selection is astounding.

I don’t buy into the idea that it’s a result of some personal falling out with Ramsdale (although I will say that I haven’t seen anyone on here speculating about that). My understanding is that it’s about some stats about us conceding goals and shots on target…essentially bemoaning that Ramsdale isn’t making more saves. However like with all stats it’s quite misleading as it essentially suggests that all shots on target are saveable. There are times of course where we say Ramsdale could have done better there, but actually I do wonder because a lot of these are thunderbolt shots which he’s got a glove to but hasn’t managed to keep out.

Ramsdale has not ever produced the amount of gaffs that Raya has in the space of games he’s played. Raya has been at fault for at least three goals…the first Son goal for Spurs, the Thomasaon goal from his poor kick out that gave the ball straight to Lens and of course the Mudryk goal.

That and the bed shitting performance against Man City in the first half that we were extremely lucky not to be punished for.

Literally the best thing you can say for him is well could be worse, could be Onana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, I don't see it as another sign of Arteta's personality failings, though there may a bit of him that dislikes Ram for whatever reason

I think it''s more that he has just decided he doesn't trust Ram - I think things like giving away that early goal against Southampton last season didn't help - and he prefers how Raya plays

God knows if he'll realise he's wrong before Ram gets fed up and leaves - if I was Ram I'd want out in January, to go somewhere that makes me no. 1 and keeps me my England place

It's yet another time when we'll probably lose a very good player and play less well thanks to Arteta's myopia and stubbornness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Agree, I don't see it as another sign of Arteta's personality failings, though there may a bit of him that dislikes Ram for whatever reason

I think it''s more that he has just decided he doesn't trust Ram - I think things like giving away that early goal against Southampton last season didn't help - and he prefers how Raya plays

God knows if he'll realise he's wrong before Ram gets fed up and leaves - if I was Ram I'd want out in January, to go somewhere that makes me no. 1 and keeps me my England place

It's yet another time when we'll probably lose a very good player and play less well thanks to Arteta's myopia and stubbornness
    Raya is better than Ram for me, man. Not even based off performances though, tbh. I've been a fan of Ram since he arrived. Made no secret of that, but there's always been a lingering doubt over him for me. Raya has been a bit wild but overall just has that presence and for me, gut feel, that Ram doesn't.

That all said, there's certainly not enough in it to justify the change. Yet another example of Arteta finding issues where there aren't really any and ignoring far more glaring issues.

Viera, Kiwor, Ramsdale, Raya, Zinchenko, Rice.

All pretty unnecessary, relatively expensive, buys at the time, given the strength of the areas they were bought to 'improve'.

All whilst ignoring more glaring issues at RW and ST.

Even areas that desperately needed improving, like CM, he ballsed up with Havertz.

It's interesting to see that over the last few games the only outfield player who wasn't here last year is Rice, and he's not even been played in the position you expect he was bought for.

Edu and Arteta have a to answer for with the money they've spent.

Out of 24 players I'd say only Odegaard and Partey have no questions over them...Gabriel too, actually. There's at least doubt over the other 21, imo. A truly horrid record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've signed 24 players together already?!

That's more than I thought - I'd like to see the full list

Off the top of my head, from those you've not mentioned, I'd say Tomi was a good buy, also while we've not seen much of him from his early performances Timber too - I also think Trossard was a good signing but one which Arteta undervalues because he wasn't a big-ticket fee, Jorg was a good buy also for the money

I do think Rice was a valuable addition which we needed to toughen up our midfield but obvs £100m is not a sum you can ever justify with any kind of sane logic

Zin has sent us backwards IMO, likewise Havertz

I think there's a good player in Vieira, just not sure weve worked out how to fit him in fully - partly Arteta's fault for giving players like him relatively little game time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've signed 24 players together already?!

That's more than I thought - I'd like to see the full list

Off the top of my head, from those you've not mentioned, I'd say Tomi was a good buy, also while we've not seen much of him from his early performances Timber too - I also think Trossard was a good signing but one which Arteta undervalues because he wasn't a big-ticket fee, Jorg was a good buy also for the money

I do think Rice was a valuable addition which we needed to toughen up our midfield but obvs £100m is not a sum you can ever justify with any kind of sane logic

Zin has sent us backwards IMO, likewise Havertz

I think there's a good player in Vieira, just not sure weve worked out how to fit him in fully - partly Arteta's fault for giving players like him relatively little game time
    I agree with most of that but my point was it's very rarely the best use of the money.

I like Tommy but he's never played consistently. Timber clearly has doubts and with White/Tommy and Zin/Tierney/Kiwor at RB/LB just wasn't a priority for me. Not that I object as I'm not a fan of White or Zin.

Trossard should be a great signing but if you don't start...

I dot rate Jorginho, at all. Just a basic ball mover. That said, with Partey, Jorginho and Elneny there spend over 100m on Rice was just madness. A top striker should've been bought.

Agreed on Viera.

I just said there are doubts over 21, I don't think they're all bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rice is a different (and better) player to Jorg and Elneny (although I am a fan of both as utility players who are very professional) and given Partey's a crock, we really needed a player like that IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raya out!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/hPVED72.png

The crueller it is, the sooner it will be over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rice is a different (and better) player to Jorg and Elneny (although I am a fan of both as utility players who are very professional) and given Partey's a crock, we really needed a player like that IMO
    Spending over 100m pounds for a player in a position with the depth of Partey, Jorginho and Elneny, when you have positions with the lack of depth (& quality) of Jesus/Nketiah, Saka, Zinchenko and Havertz is an outrageous waste of money. That's not an indictment of Rice, who is grossly overrated, just a simple fact, man.

That was categorically not the best way to improve the team, which was the point about them being questionable with money.
    Last edited by mandela8; 24-10-2023 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus is very good as long as he's played in the right position and formation, Saka as I've proved with stats (and you conceded) is a very impactful player with for us in terms of err, goals and assists

yes Zin and Havertz are shite though the answer there is don;t send Tierney out on loan and don't buy Havertz, buy somone else instead - we could have done both those things and still been able to afford Rice

as for "the depth of Partey, Jorginho and Elneny", Partey is basically always injured so can't be relied upon, yes Jorg is very good but not getting any younger and while I do like Elneny he's only got one job he can do - though he does it very well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus is very good as long as he's played in the right position and formation, Saka as I've proved with stats (and you conceded) is a very impactful player with for us in terms of err, goals and assists

yes Zin and Havertz are shite though the answer there is don;t send Tierney out on loan and don't buy Havertz, buy somone else instead - we could have done both those things and still been able to afford Rice

as for "the depth of Partey, Jorginho and Elneny", Partey is basically always injured so can't be relied upon, yes Jorg is very good but not getting any younger and while I do like Elneny he's only got one job he can do - though he does it very well

But Jesus right position doesn't appear to be as a CF, which leaves Nketiah. THIS is where the money should've been spent.

As for conceding anything stat wise about Saka...you must have me confused with someone else. His goal scoring record is largely poor for a forward at a top club and I've less than zero time for any nonsense assist stat. It's a ridiculous piece of stupidity, man. Very, very rarely would I place extra value on that final pass compared the penultimate pass or many before that. It has no place in reasonable fitba discourse.

Agreed on the Zin and Havertz posts but the squad lacks a goalscorer. How anyone can justify Rice before that is beyond me, mate.

Partey, from what I can see with a very quick look and happy to be corrected, has missed around 45 games from a possible 165. So he's been available over 70% his tenure. Not really sure where "basically always" comes from, so I'll not try to debate in the absence of good faith.
    I think Jorginho is fuckin wank and Elneny is worse, fwiw, but not really relevant. They do offer depth that is lacking in other positions, which was largely my point.