0 0%
Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1110

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The experience of last season has definitely helped and reinforcements like Rice have too.
    If we do lose it then I guess we have to point to that West Ham / Fulham balls up.
    But we can't really argue with the response to that and we've done what we can to push City much harder this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think we will win our remaining matches (another nervy win against Utd) but City will probably win there's as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Think we will win our remaining matches (another nervy win against Utd) but City will probably win there's as well
    If that’s what happens it’s disappointing but fuck it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    If we do lose it then I guess we have to point to that West Ham / Fulham balls up.
    You could just as easily point to Zin's fuckup at home to Fulham which cost us two points and Jorg's fuckup v Spuds at our place which again cost us two points

I even think we should have beaten Citeh away but Trossard didn't make the most of his chance and also Rice had two corners in the second half which he completely wasted and given our prowess from set pieces that was significant

fine margins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    You could just as easily point to Zin's fuckup at home to Fulham which cost us two points and Jorg's fuckup v Spuds at our place which again cost us two points

I even think we should have beaten Citeh away but Trossard didn't make the most of his chance and also Rice had two corners in the second half which he completely wasted and given our prowess from set pieces that was significant

fine margins
    Yeah. I mean there's always games you're going to drop points in games which you should be winning. Even City do that sometimes!
    But those 6 points feel particularly damaging.
    Overall you end up where you deserve to. Doesn't seem like we'll be far away and you can't really argue with our response this calendar year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me what we should be aiming for is the bare minimum of winning two out of our last three (really all three) but the important thing is if City do win all their remaining games is that we do something we haven’t done previously and that is to win more than 26 games in a 38 game season.

The next target will be next season, which will be to win more than 15 home games in a season (previous title winners have won as many as 18 at home) and match our previous home number of away wins which was 14.

And no these are not minimum expectations these are goals. The other goals would be to get wins at City and Liverpool. The only two grounds where we haven’t won under Arteta.

Our current win percentage stands at 70% in the last two seasons under Arteta, that’s good but it probably needs to be better. It suggests that the goals we score are not evenly distributed enough throughout the season. This is borne out by the fact that we’ve scored the excellent total of 46 goals in the last 15 games, but especially away from home…we only managed to score more than once three times from our first ten away games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We must be stuck in some time loop that makes us revisit each season and not remember the last. Coming 2nd in the PL (maybe) is progress now? Dumped of of all 3 cups, not making any discernible imprint in Europe. This time last season I predicted we would be saying the same this end season as we are doing now. "Give him next season", which is what we said last season. Yes, and so we are. We are not an elite team and have no aspirations to ever becoming one it seems.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    We must be stuck in some time loop that makes us revisit each season and not remember the last. Coming 2nd in the PL (maybe) is progress now? Dumped of of all 3 cups, not making any discernible imprint in Europe. This time last season I predicted we would be saying the same this end season as we are doing now. "Give him next season", which is what we said last season. Yes, and so we are. We are not an elite team and have no aspirations to ever becoming one it seems.
    It’s about accepting material reality, to win the title is not in our gift. No one has given up, but despite a mini collapse in April the fact is we haven’t really bottled the league and certainly not in the way Liverpool have

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We must be stuck in some time loop that makes us revisit each season and not remember the last. Coming 2nd in the PL (maybe) is progress now?
    We are on track to get more points, have a significantly better defensive record and score more goals than last year.
    Finishing 2nd isn't progress in itself, but that's not the only metric.
    Not losing the big 6 pointers is progress.
    Pushing City till till the last few games is progress.
    Standing up in the run in rather than collapsing is progress.

Dumped of of all 3 cups, not making any discernible imprint in Europe.
    We got to the Quarter Finals for the CL for the first time in 14 years?!

This time last season I predicted we would be saying the same this end season as we are doing now. "Give him next season", which is what we said last season. Yes, and so we are.
    Well sure, there's been clear progress. Why would you sack a manager in that context?

We are not an elite team and have no aspirations to ever becoming one it seems.
    Bullshit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making the CL QFs is progress and making a more realistic title challenge also is progress.

Arteta and the team are learning, I think the Bayern defeat was self-inflicted and we nearly chucked away two points yesterday, we should do better but if everyone in that squad either keeps improving or is replaced with someone better then we can only get stronger

I was all for getting rid of Arteta last summer but given the disasteous Zin experiment appears to be near its end and he got rid of Xhaka, plus bought Havertz and turned him into a near goal-a-game striker (and yes I know he was supposed to be a new left 8) you've got to give him some credit

I'd give him another season but we need to win something next time around or we'll be cast as serial failures