0 0%
Page 19 of 108 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Bar one game it’s been a shit show so far and the worst part is that no one is really surprised.

Project this, project that. Cannot believe we’ve accepted this PE teacher as though he’s as good as we can get. Oh well, on to the next game and maybe we’ll see more make believe green shoots of hope we can pin ourselves on.
    This. Watching us these days is painful, has been pretty much since cone boy has been in charge. Honestly, I see little to no improvement, best we can hope for is 8th again this season. I wish those at the top would get rid of him and to a lesser extent Edu. If the powers at be are willing to invest millions in the squad, at least let someone with experience have a crack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall I’d say we are more solid defensively but at the expense of being much worse offensively.
    Overall it’s all very mid table. So sure, you’ll get some good performances but a lot of very ordinary ones. It’s often pretty painful to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick or twist. Do you accept we ain’t there yet, but great to watch performances like tonight or v spurs, but we will pull a few shockers?

Or you go for NOW NOW NOW, amazon football.

I’m enjoying watching this season. Been pissed off as mucb as I’ve been happy, but isn’t that watching football???

I feel like something there, more in this lot than I’ve felt for a very long time. I’d rather have that than watch the side of the past embarrassing us.

Sometimes you have to just try and enjoy football as a competitive sport, and I’ve always said, 100% effort on the pitch, you can’t expect more. At that point, it’s about whether the club is ambitious….tonight was effort and a good degree of quality.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Stick or twist. Do you accept we ain’t there yet, but great to watch performances like tonight or v spurs, but we will pull a few shockers?

Or you go for NOW NOW NOW, amazon football.

I’m enjoying watching this season. Been pissed off as mucb as I’ve been happy, but isn’t that watching football???

I feel like something there, more in this lot than I’ve felt for a very long time. I’d rather have that than watch the side of the past embarrassing us.

Sometimes you have to just try and enjoy football as a competitive sport, and I’ve always said, 100% effort on the pitch, you can’t expect more. At that point, it’s about whether the club is ambitious….tonight was effort and a good degree of quality.
    I do agree with a lot of that. But I’m less sure about the direction of travel.
    There are some promising signs and some really good young players.
    But I reckon you could cherry pick performances from any of the past 5 seasons and use them as cause for optimism. Is this really different? Maybe, but I’m not convinced it is yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    But I reckon you could cherry pick performances from any of the past 5 seasons and use them as cause for optimism. Is this really different? Maybe, but I’m not convinced it is yet.
    Good post.

I am not sure why people are still doing this with Arteta.

He has officially had more games than Emery and Freddie combined. If we could make up our minds on both their reigns, then we should be able to make up our minds on if we are happy with the team under him or not.

At Emery's best, I saw the best of Arsenal performances I had seen in almost a decade. IMO the best of Arteta has not even come close to the best of Emery. However these one-offs didn't stop me ( and most of us) then nor now from realising that in general, the guy wasn't right for us.

As a fan, you know in your gut when your team is going the right way, it doesn't matter if you get one or 2 trophies, or not, that feeling is just there and we all know it.

I won't go on further, Arteta might feel safer than the erratic days of Emery, but "safety" was never what I imagined my club would be about (especially since AW changed that narrative)

Please lets just move on to the next chapter till we get it right.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 23-10-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Good post.

I am not sure why people are still doing this with Arteta.

He has officially had more games than Emery and Freddie combined. If we could make up our minds on both their reigns, then we should be able to make up our minds on if we are happy with the team under him or not.

At Emery's best, I saw the best of Arsenal performances I had seen in almost a decade. IMO the best of Arteta has not even come close to the best of Emery. However these one-offs didn't stop me ( and most of us) then nor now from realising that in general, the guy wasn't right for us.

As a fan, you know in your gut when your team is going the right way, it doesn't matter if you get one or 2 trophies, or not, that feeling is just there and we all know it.

I won't go on further, Arteta might feel safer than the erratic days of Emery, but "safety" was never what I imagined my club would be about (especially since AW changed that narrative)

Please lets just move on to the next chapter till we get it right.
    This sums up where I am perfectly. Sincerely hope to be proven wrong but I just don’t see it with Arteta or this squad.

Granted it doesn’t help that my interest in football is at an all time low, I had no idea we were playing last night till I saw the match thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Agree with this. We were really good on Friday, especially in the first half, best i have seen us play in a long time. I thought we performed even better than we did against Spurs in that first half. The thing is, the team is wildly inconsistent, I don't expect perfect performances every week, but i do expect some kind of consistency and a general higher level of performance on a weekly basis.

I'm not convinced either, we definitely need a solid run of good to very good performances to change my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think Ole might go first.... i am sure Liverpool would give us a right good pasting as well but united were awful considering how much they have spent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Think Ole might go first.... i am sure Liverpool would give us a right good pasting as well but united were awful considering how much they have spent.
    Well, Steve Bruce is available.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Should be gone tonight as the longer we leave, the more damage he does
    Now that the last so called "Elite" Manager (Conte) has been taken by the Scum, does that make Arteta safe for the season?

I bet that OGS at Manure is feeling pretty safe now as well