Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,051 to 1,057 of 1057

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    As for who could replace Arteta. Outside of Pep and Klopp (neither of whom we would get in a million years) there isn’t an obvious candidate who you could say with certainty would do better. But it’s always a gamble, I don’t think we quite want to be as heedless as Chelsea or United are with coaches, but I do think it’s reasonable with any coach to say you get a three year contract and unless something goes disastrously wrong you get the whole three years to build something but if either we haven’t won something substantive or look like we might do so in the next season or two you move them on at the end of that time.

I’m more cautious than I was previously over flavour of the month coaches. I think it’s unquestionable that Xabi Alonso has done a stellar job with Leverkusen. At the risk of being harsh, that Leverkusen team is dog shit….if a premier league team had the same squad Alonso had to work with, they’d be battling relegation.

I’d say Forest in 17th has a better squad than Leverkusen….so it’s exceptional what he’s achieving. However that comes with the caveat that Bayern’s 11 titles is reflective of what has become the dirge of depth of quality in the Bundesliga. There’s quite a few Bundesliga teams that for me would struggle in the championship let alone the Premier league. Also Bayern themselves are simply not the same team they were 3-4 years ago, there’s five players Kane, Musiala, Upemecano, Davies and Gnabry that id probably take at Arsenal. This compared to 2020 when that team was up there with Liverpool and City in terms of quality.

That’s not to say Xabi Alonso wouldn’t be able to do a good job in the premier league, but at the same time I’m not sure even if Arteta was to go that he’d be a great fit for us. He’s more like Diego Simeone in style (although maybe a bit unfair, Simeone is a cunt who gets Atleti to play the most atrociously negative tactics), in that they are far more of a counter attacking team…although that could be a reflection more on the players he has to work with.

Temperament wise, he’s far more like Arteta than Klopp (by that I mean more of an introvert)

So the answer is, I fully accept there isn’t an obvious replacement. But my feeling is that I think to stick indefinitely if I’m right about Arteta because of the fear of “be careful what you wish for” which froze us into inaction with AW, would be an equally regressive move
    And this is the issue. It's easy to point out problems but more difficult to come up with solutions. There comes a time of course when you have to accept that a manager has taken a team as far as they can, and take the risk with someone else to try to attain an ultimate goal. But that risk needs to be approached sensibly. I think we as football fans can be tempted to believe that the next new thing will lead to the success we crave. But there is no way to assess the huge number of variables that are required for this to happen. By and large (bar a few exceptions) football success tends to be difficult, if not impossible to predict. Who before this season would have backed Alonso to be running away with the Bundesliga? Who predicted that our ex manager would be doing so well in the EPL? Many people were even writing Klopp off last season...its the unpredictablility that makes football so complelling. You only need to look at Manure and Chelsea to see how trying to chase the next high can come undone.

So with Arsenal the question has to be whether Arteta is showing the ability to improve. Is his judgment sound? Does he have the qualities likely to achieve success? I'd say that to a great extent, he has already shown this. And it would take a complete collapse this season (not failure to win anything) to justify not letting him have at least another season to try to win something big, IMO.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I think I’ve stated clearly what my criteria are for keeping Arteta beyond this season and that’s simply to still be in contention for either the champions league or the premier league (no more than 4 points behind the leader) by May 1st

My rationale for saying that we should move him on is the belief that we will not be in contention for either by then.

I would also say that it’s not a case of having the expectation that a replacement will do a better job…its a bit like an election where if people vote against the incumbent it’s because they believe the incumbent hasn’t done a good job and they’d prefer to give a chance to someone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I think I’ve stated clearly what my criteria are for keeping Arteta beyond this season and that’s simply to still be in contention for either the champions league or the premier league (no more than 4 points behind the leader) by May 1st

My rationale for saying that we should move him on is the belief that we will not be in contention for either by then.

I would also say that it’s not a case of having the expectation that a replacement will do a better job…its a bit like an election where if people vote against the incumbent it’s because they believe the incumbent hasn’t done a good job and they’d prefer to give a chance to someone else.
    I think that's actually a fair criterion in and of itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68551133.amp

Conceição has form for this, in the recent past he’s accused Guardiola and Tuchel of using insulting language against him.

Which suggests to me that either he’s a liar as well as a sore loser, or that he’s hallucinating this and he’s high functioning schizophrenic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who cares, Conceicao is history for us, bye bye loser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not bothered I just find it peculiar behaviour.

The most generous I can probably be to the claim is that Hijo de puta (son of a bitch) is commonly used to express disdain/frustration and that Conceicao has chosen to take this as directed towards him

But even if that’s the case, get a life you pansy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not bothered I just find it peculiar behaviour.

The most generous I can probably be to the claim is that Hijo de puta (son of a bitch) is commonly used to express disdain/frustration and that Conceicao has chosen to take this as directed towards him

But even if that’s the case, get a life you pansy
    What a prick. It was immensely satisfying to see him and his spoiler team run out of town.