Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When will Arteta be sacked by

Should be gone tonight as the longer we leave, the more damage he does

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t think he’ll last beyond Christmas tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A guru will come in and teach Stan and the gang the error of their ways. They'll persuade the players to pull their weight and not be unspeakably greedy cunts. Definitely happening. Don't know who it will be but there must be a superhero out there who can get the job done.

OR.

Some other placeholder will be brought in to maintain the illusion.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Don’t think he’ll last beyond Christmas tbh.
    Me neither, sadly it'll be another season scuppered though

If our next manager isn't someone with real pedigree it'll be the same story with the next one though, we need genuine class and experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Me neither, sadly it'll be another season scuppered though

If our next manager isn't someone with real pedigree it'll be the same story with the next one though, we need genuine class and experience
    Real pedigree like who though? if a manager life cycle is like 3 or 4 years then does a top manager want to waste 2 of them trying to get us into the CL before even having a tilt at the league.

We need a manager with some experience but possibly one who wants to grab the opportunity at a bigger club than they are used to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Real pedigree like who though? if a manager life cycle is like 3 or 4 years then does a top manager want to waste 2 of them trying to get us into the CL before even having a tilt at the league.

We need a manager with some experience but possibly one who wants to grab the opportunity at a bigger club than they are used to.
    Didnt Klopp take over Liverpool when they were struggling?

I do see the point that why would a big name manager come to us right now but i would hope maybe someone would see it as a challenge. We are still a big name, even if we do not play like one recently, and so having a chance to take a struggling club back to glory surely would be quite tempting for a decent manager as long as the club are prepared to back them in transfer market rather than relying on Edu to negotiate deals with his mates landing us Willian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zidane is available. It doesnt come with more pedigree than that. Will our owner care enough to make the call?. We need to sack the twats who thought Arteta was a thing too. Moerons of the highest order. Make someone like David O'Leary the new DoF
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #WengerIn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No decent manager is touching this job right now. Seriously, what’s in it for them? The honour of managing Arsenal? Don’t make me laugh! This is what they have to look forward to…

- A bloated squad full of garbage, overpaid players that can’t be moved and have already maxed out your budget…

- …coupled with a one in, one out, sell-before you-can-buy policy…

- …and a dead market where there’s no buyers.

- Owners who won’t invest.

- No support from executive level.

- No board of directors to set standards.

- The strongest, wealthiest competition in the world who are already light years ahead of us in terms of squad building and investment and only getting stronger.

- A fractured fanbase who reached the limit of their patience 5 years ago and will be at your throat from game one.

If I were any half decent manager, I’d be looking at us and thinking ‘I’ll let someone else take the bullets sorting that mess out and put my application in in a year or two’. I certainly wouldn’t gamble my reputation on being the one to fix Arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Invisible, Your point about the fanbase is interesting, it'll be fascinating to see the atmosphere next weekend, on the one hand people will be pleased to be back and so in a mood to celebrate, on the other if they don't get a good performance it could turn sour quickly

But on the big-name manager i do think we're still a draw, we've some fantastic young players and there's still enough to work with among the others for someone who actually knows what they're doing to make the CL, plus we still have the draw of London, the stadium etc

If Neverton can get an Ancellotti so can we
    Last edited by Mac76; 14-08-2021 at 08:15 AM.