User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WGC Goon View Post
    City away on Saturday, we'll probably be bottom of the league with zero points after 3 games, not sure I want to watch it to be honest.
    The issue isn't that we'll lose to City - most teams will go there and lose this season. The issue is we all know we will lose.
    The fans know we'll lose. The players know they'll lose.
    We used to go in to these games thinking we could mix it with anyone. Sure, we might end up getting beaten but we'd give them a game. We know this is just going to be men vs boys and we will be simply swept aside by a much better side. And for all City's money, we've hardly been frugal. It's nowhere near good enough with our resources.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said it before but pound for pound we are the worst team in the league. I struggle to accept the idea that it doesn’t matter who the coach is because the results would still be the same. To me that is just the same defeatist, unambitious nonsense that got us into this mess in the first place.

Arteta looks the part and talks a good game, however there is little evidence in practice of him being anything other than a bog standard coach. It’s scary how little he actually manages to get from his players, players who we all believe have the capability and potential of doing much more.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 23-08-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Said it before but pound for pound we are the worst team in the league. I struggle to accept the idea that it doesn’t matter who the coach is because the results would still be the same. To me that is just the same defeatist, unambitious nonsense that got us into this mess in the first place.

Arteta looks the part and talks a good game, however there is little evidence in practice of him being anything other than a bog standard coach. It’s scary how little he actually manages to get from his players, players who we all believe have the capability and potential of doing much more.
    Even a bog standard coach surely would have realised yesterday that leaving Reece james the entire left hand side of the pitch was not a great idea and done something to change it.

Everyone else bar Arteta it seems noticed it after about 4 minutes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read that we have 20 defeats from 60 league games under Arteta. That is just nowhere near good enough.

I desperately wanted him to do well, but it's virtually impossible to defend the results and performances now. We look as shambolic as we did under Emery and the late Wenger years. Arguably even more so given the lack of goals under Mikel.

Better players will come back in and hopefully we will start picking up points, but it is increasingly clear the job is too big for the manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to believe there was something more to Arteta. That someone had an inside understanding he was on the road to success.

I wanted to give him that chance to demonstrate his capabilities to those who doubted him.

He’s had that chance. He doesn’t measure up. It is crystal clear that he has to go.

And he has to go now - voluntarily or sacked - I don’t care which. I just want rid because I’m genuinely coming to the point, may even be past it where I don’t GAF about this ‘club’ any longer.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Someone on twitter described Arteta in the following way:

He has the ego of mourinho, the playing style of Alladyce & the managerial ability of Tim Sherwood.

You cant really argue with that
    a few more performances like we have had and we might be needing an Alladyce to rescue our season!!!.

i still dont think he will be sacked, spent alot of money on your players. any new manager would need to accept the players we have and work with them which probably rules out most experienced top managers. so we would need to be looking at a manager who views us as a step up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The issue isn't that we'll lose to City - most teams will go there and lose this season. The issue is we all know we will lose.
    The fans know we'll lose. The players know they'll lose.
    We used to go in to these games thinking we could mix it with anyone. Sure, we might end up getting beaten but we'd give them a game. We know this is just going to be men vs boys and we will be simply swept aside by a much better side. And for all City's money, we've hardly been frugal. It's nowhere near good enough with our resources.
    that is a good point no one expects us to get anything better than a 2-0 defeat. the worry is then Norwich who probably had a harder start to the season than we have with City, Liverpool and Leicester. So might be viewing our game as a chance to get some points on the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Even a bog standard coach surely would have realised yesterday that leaving Reece james the entire left hand side of the pitch was not a great idea and done something to change it.

Everyone else bar Arteta it seems noticed it after about 4 minutes
    'bog standard' is far too kind - 'totally useless' is nearer the mark...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    a few more performances like we have had and we might be needing an Alladyce to rescue our season!!!.

i still dont think he will be sacked, spent alot of money on your players. any new manager would need to accept the players we have and work with them which probably rules out most experienced top managers. so we would need to be looking at a manager who views us as a step up.
    Don't agree, Arsenal still has all the trappings of a big club and a good manager would welcome the chance to have such a wealth of young talent.

All they'd have to do is get the team playing with better tactics and stopping the defeats to get the fans on their side (oh and drop Xhaka)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    that is a good point no one expects us to get anything better than a 2-0 defeat. the worry is then Norwich who probably had a harder start to the season than we have with City, Liverpool and Leicester. So might be viewing our game as a chance to get some points on the board.
    Definitely Norwich will see us as a real opportunity and why not
    Last edited by Mac76; 23-08-2021 at 09:29 AM.