User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Rating and Match Reaction - Arsenal 4-1 Leeds United

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Player Rating and Match Reaction - Arsenal 4-1 Leeds United

Ramsdale 7 - Deflection meant he couldn’t do anything about Leeds goal but solid all game unlike the defence in front of him

White 6 - Good goal but Summerville made an arse of him at times

Holding 3 - Sweating spinal fluid that Saliba is back for Liverpool, if he’s not that could be the end of the title charge.

Gabriel 6 - Wasn’t helped by Zinchenko but looked flat footed at times today

Zinchenko 2 - Can we please just drop the fucking guy if Tierney is back, he can’t defend

Partey 6 - Allowed Roca too much room to operate in

Xhaka 6 - Not bad game by his standards, but still didn’t clear the ball properly for their goal

Martinelli 7 - Was the focal point of our attack for much of the first half and was dangerous

Odegaard 6 - Sloppy in possession

Trossard 6 - One of his quieter games, did well for Jesus’ second goal

Jesus 9 - He’s back a consummate menace

Subs - Jorginho, Smith Rowe, Saka, Tierney all did ok…no glaring errors so a 6. Vieira didn’t even know he’d come on scrawny fuckface

Once again no doubt I will have people criticising me for the player ratings, but the defence and midfield play like that at Anfield or Etihad, they’ll go through us like shit through a goose

I’m not being overly critical because it’s impressive that we can play within ourselves and still win comfortably but Zinchenko and Holding scare the shit out of me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if we win at Anfield I’ll be confident enough to say it out loud that we should win the title from there.

But I’m very pessimistic about getting a result there. Far too much history and angst there to be confident, even though we’re obviously much better than them now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with all of that. Win at Anfield and I’ll be confident that it’s coming home.
    But it seems unlikely we will.
    Get over that mental block and it’s ON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Agree with all of that. Win at Anfield and I’ll be confident that it’s coming home.
    But it seems unlikely we will.
    Get over that mental block and it’s ON!
    Liverpool are fucking shite.
    But they will probably beat us because they will raise their game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Liverpool are fucking shite.
    But they will probably beat us because they will raise their game.
    They are shite away from home but their home record is very good. I’d honestly take a draw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    They are shite away from home but their home record is very good. I’d honestly take a draw
    Me too. It's going to be really difficult up there. I think we will definitely score and cause them problems, but they will cause us problems too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I would too, but that may not be good enough.
    That could reduce it to 6 points with a game in hand, and they still have us to play
    City have to slip up which is certainly plausible given the number of games they have to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t take a draw because it would probably give City control. As difficult as it’s going to be, we need to win. A draw is satisfactory as it means a difficult game out the way without losing but it’s really going to be on a knife edge then, where any dropped points after could be fatal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I wouldn’t take a draw because it would probably give City control. As difficult as it’s going to be, we need to win. A draw is satisfactory as it means a difficult game out the way without losing but it’s really going to be on a knife edge then, where any dropped points after could be fatal.
    We draw against Liverpool, City and Newcastle but win the other games we win the title no matter what City do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HCZ giving nearly everyone a 6 for a 4-1 win

Ridiculous as always...

we were a bit nervy but played very well once we hit our stride and now the international break's over and we've had a big win, I'm hoping we can start the Liverpool game like we finished this one - assuming Saka starts we'll be stronger, Trossard wasn't used to being on that side for us and it meant White had fewer opportunities to link up with him than Saka

Ram - 8 - some good saves, caught out by a deflection for the goal
    White - 8 - becoming one of our very best performers, loved the pub goal
    Holding - 7 - not as good as against Palace, think Liverpool will target him
    Gabriel - 8
    Zin - 6
    Xhaka - 7.5
    Partey - 7.5
    Odegaard - 8 - what a ball for the final goal
    Martinelli - 8
    Trossard - 7
    Jesus - 9 - two goals - he's back

Subs

Saka - 7 5
    Jorghino - 7
    Tierney - 7.5
    Smith Rowe / Vieira - whaddever
    Last edited by Mac76; 02-04-2023 at 11:16 AM.