0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Staying up, staying up, staying uuuup!

shhh, too soon, too soon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, that’s a bit better. Still a lot to knit together there, but not too bad considering we fielded 5 new starters and 2 returnees were playing their first game of the season.

I like the look of all of the new guys - looking forward to seeing how they develop when all of those little partnerships and triangles start to form.

7 shots on target and 1 goal is poor, but if you’re having 30 shots in total then at least you’ve bought a ticket to the lottery! Something to work with.

A little disjointed (understandable), but on the whole a good team selection (for once), better balance, better pressing (for the first 30 mins, at least) and much better energy - for the first time in a long, long time I felt like every player out there was enthusiastic about playing for us and putting in the effort.

I still think Arteta has a problem there - there’s a very clear divide in the squad between his disciples and those he’s alienated, and he’s going to have problems whenever he’s forced to turn to that second group throughout the season. But his disciples look like they’re fighting for him, and the balance is starting to swing their way in terms of numbers, so he still has a slim chance to get this right. His Arsenal career might literally come down to how well he can manage their fitness now.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 12-09-2021 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Arteta has finally come good, all he needed was a little time. Now the club is back in shape I may consider spending thousands each year to watch them and I'll probably buy some expensive merchandise.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re still miles off having a fully-developed identity, but if you squint then you can see the outline of something there.

Can’t tell you how relieved I am that Takehiro looks solid! Very impressed with his effort after only joining up with us on Thursday, and after a week of international travel. Thought he understood his role really well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    OK, that’s a bit better. Still a lot to knit together there, but not too bad considering we fielded 5 new starters and 2 returnees were playing their first game of the season.

I like the look of all of the new guys - looking forward to seeing how they develop when all of those little partnerships and triangles start to form.
    w.
    Enjoy it while you can, once Xhaka's eligible again Arteta will bring him back to slow things down and break up our attacking play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Enjoy it while you can, once Xhaka's eligible again Arteta will bring him back to slow things down and break up our attacking play