User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bumley v The Arsenal 3pm Sat 18 Sep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all so slow.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Win's a win.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0-1 FT. Goal machines.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mid table

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good. Shit place to go. Like going to mordor.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Good. Shit place to go. Like going to mordor.
    Yeah that's actually a big win tbf over that bunch of ****s

Hope they go down this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still a bit disjointed in the final third - guess that’s going to take a while to click - but really, really pleased with how quickly the new-look defence are gelling and bonding. They’re a much easier bunch to like. Feeling a little more confident that we aren’t in free fall and heading for another relegation scrap by Christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta say, fair play to Ramsdale. Not for the performance, which was great, but because there were some seriously negative reactions to his signing (from fans and pundits alike), and he’s weathered it all with a smile on his face. Feels like he’s already becoming a fan-favourite after just 3 games - big character!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Still a bit disjointed in the final third - guess that’s going to take a while to click - but really, really pleased with how quickly the new-look defence are gelling and bonding. They’re a much easier bunch to like. Feeling a little more confident that we aren’t in free fall and heading for another relegation scrap by Christmas!
    On the play in the final third, I don’t think anything is going to click as such. It’s been painfully obvious since Arteta came that he is a safety first, conservative coach. Our attacking potency has fallen off a cliff under his guidance. He’s neutered the attack so we just have to hope that defensively we’re strong enough to continue winning games by fine margins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    On the play in the final third, I don’t think anything is going to click as such. It’s been painfully obvious since Arteta came that he is a safety first, conservative coach. Our attacking potency has fallen off a cliff under his guidance. He’s neutered the attack so we just have to hope that defensively we’re strong enough to continue winning games by fine margins.
    Yeah, I’m not really sure where we’re going on the attacking side yet? Maybe nowhere? Hard to tell when there’s been this many changes and there’s a different shape every week.

Tbh, at this point I’m happy to just use Arteta and Edu for the next year (or whenever their contracts expires) to carry on with the clean up at the club: drive out as many of the bums and problem-players as possible, trim the bloated squad, get the wage bill under control, get contracts under control, overhaul our approach to player identification and recruitment, (re)build around younger players with sell-on value, and re-establish basic professional pride and standards. If they can knock a hole in that list, and Arteta can also turn us into a solid and disciplined (if dull) unit with a bit of fight about us, then I’ll call their time here worthwhile.

All of which sounds absolutely boring AF, but that’s about where I am right now - I’ve been waiting for someone to get a grip of this mess of a club for about 6 years now and, for all their faults, these two are the only two who have even attempted to do anything about it. If Arteta can somehow deliver champagne football and Europe over the next year then great! We can think about continuing. But right now I’d settle for someone resetting this club and leaving us somewhere close to where we were between George Graham and Wenger, with a solid base for the next guy to build on and no mile-long list of problems to deal with.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 19-09-2021 at 05:29 PM.