Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

"why should he get to leave and be rewarded"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i like the 'Empty Cabinets' sponsor
    why is the cabinet empty... they have a trophy from the 80s and one back in 61. surely a row full.

anyway Spurs are so bad Xhaka would make there midfield better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    why is the cabinet empty... they have a trophy from the 80s and one back in 61. surely a row full.

anyway Spurs are so bad Xhaka would make there midfield better.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said a few times that what we need to do as Arsenal fans is to learn to enjoy individual matches rather than seeing them as part of a return to our glory days. It doesn't get much better than yesterday, and it was brilliant to feel the joy of a brilliant first half performace (Letters - do you really mean that you thought they were better than us???), and a tonking of our bitter rivals. Spurs were awful for the first hour, but a local derby is still a big game, and we came through with flying colours. From how we started the season, for me its a real sign of progress, and I'm not going to let people who say that we won't play like that agaist better teams (Souness - i'm looking at you) take the shine off.

I hope that this will be a real springboard in terms of team confidence and joie de vivre, and hope especially that we can take some muscle memory of playing with this kind of intensity into future games.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    I've said a few times that what we need to do as Arsenal fans is to learn to enjoy individual matches rather than seeing them as part of a return to our glory days. It doesn't get much better than yesterday, and it was brilliant to feel the joy of a brilliant first half performace (Letters - do you really mean that you thought they were better than us???), and a tonking of our bitter rivals. Spurs were awful for the first hour, but a local derby is still a big game, and we came through with flying colours. From how we started the season, for me its a real sign of progress, and I'm not going to let people who say that we won't play like that agaist better teams (Souness - i'm looking at you) take the shine off.

I hope that this will be a real springboard in terms of team confidence and joie de vivre, and hope especially that we can take some muscle memory of playing with this kind of intensity into future games.
    It makes it so much easier to find enjoyment when you can clearly see what the plan is - our summer business was coherent, the comms have been much, much better since we got the squad in place and the fans feel informed and included because of it. We can see that this is a young team, we know there’s going to be bumps and we’re not looking at a serious challenge… but because we can now very see clearly see what we’re building towards we can finally - finally! - take some real interest in this thing called “the process”. We know the KPIs for this season are all about progress and moving closer to something we can all visualise, rather than silverware and specific finishing positions, and that makes it so much easier to set expectation levels and manage setbacks when they happen.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 27-09-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    It makes it so much easier to find enjoyment when you can clearly see what the plan is - our summer business was coherent, the comms have been much, much better since we got the squad in place and the fans feel informed and included because of it. We can see that this is a young team, we know there’s going to be bumps and we’re not looking at a serious challenge… but because we can now very see clearly see what we’re building towards we can finally - finally! - take some real interest in this thing called “the process”. We know the KPIs for this season are all about progress and moving closer to something we can all visualise, rather than silverware and specific finishing positions, and that makes it so much easier to set expectation levels and manage setbacks when they happen.
    Yes - I reckon that's true. Winning games also makes it easier to buy in too! And a NLD should improve fan club connection by a notch. More please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes - I reckon that's true. Winning games also makes it easier to buy in too! And a NLD should improve fan club connection by a notch. More please!
    Yeah, you need a few of those little glimpses of what the future looks like every now and then - a NLD where everything clicks to help you understand what you’re seeing in the Burnleys, where all the same passes are falling 5 yards short and it looks like we have no creativity. You start to see what the intention is, even when it’s not coming off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Yeah, you need a few of those little glimpses of what the future looks like every now and then - a NLD where everything clicks to help you understand what you’re seeing in the Burnleys, where all the same passes are falling 5 yards short and it looks like we have no creativity. You start to see what the intention is, even when it’s not coming off.
    Yes good point. The other thing is that this style of play takes confidence and energy - factors that can only come with wins/good performances. It constantly surprises me how fine the margins are!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Letters - do you really mean that you thought they were better than us???
    Before the game I'd have said that overall they are a better team.
    After 3 games we were rock bottom while they were top and I never over-reacted to that, I didn't think they were serious title contenders while we were in a relegation battle. But they finished above us last season, beat City without Kane and then when Kane stayed (or rather, failed to leave), it did feel like they were going to be pretty good again this season while we were going to bumble around in mid-table. A few wins from us later, and losses for them, and things now feel very different. Right now I can't call it, there's a long way to go with lots of twists and turns to come. But I was really encouraged (and surprised) by our performance on Sunday. Yes, Spurs were rubbish, but the way we moved the ball forward with pace was very encouraging - something we haven't done consistently for years and we've all been crying out for.
    I'm still undecided about Arteta, but the last few games have certainly bought him some good will and time. We've got the makings of a good young squad so let's see where we are at Christmas, I guess that's the next milestone.