User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match reaction : Arsenal 3-1 Roflham Lolspurs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs are no measure of anything. We both flatter to deceive but have the occasional day in the sun. Forget them.

What we’ve seen so far is Arteta’s reign in a nutshell. Good, bad and ugly. I’ve seen enough to feel like he isn’t the man for us but I accept that expectations are different to what they were 10 years ago, so I’m not going to hold this squad to the same standards.

The next few games all look winnable if we apply ourselves correctly, interested to see if we can put together a run of results now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know i'm biased against Xhaka but having been at the game i'm still mystified about how anyone can talk him up

it seems to me if has a game where he doesn't concede a goal or get sent off people think he played well - in other words he's so lowered his own bar that he gets off lightly.

what i saw on Sunday was again him being the weak link, selling people short with poor passes, making clumsy tackles etc. and adding very little for the most part

don't forget his tackle leading up to one of our goals could've got a yellow, he also did pick up a yellow later - and yes i know the second incident wouldn't have happened if play had been stopped for the first but who's to say he wouldn't have messed up elsewhere and been off again

Arteta really needs to give him up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i know i'm biased against Xhaka but having been at the game i'm still mystified about how anyone can talk him up

it seems to me if has a game where he doesn't concede a goal or get sent off people think he played well - in other words he's so lowered his own bar that he gets off lightly.

what i saw on Sunday was again him being the weak link, selling people short with poor passes, making clumsy tackles etc. and adding very little for the most part

don't forget his tackle leading up to one of our goals could've got a yellow, he also did pick up a yellow later - and yes i know the second incident wouldn't have happened if play had been stopped for the first but who's to say he wouldn't have messed up elsewhere and been off again

Arteta really needs to give him up
    Sunday was one of his better games.

His better games aren't worth his worse games.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Roma will come back in January and rid us of this turd. He gets at least 12-15 yellows each season. Complete liability. Sadly Arteta sees himself in the twat and will keep him as long as he can
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Hopefully Roma will come back in January and rid us of this turd. He gets at least 12-15 yellows each season. Complete liability. Sadly Arteta sees himself in the twat and will keep him as long as he can
    His average is 8.4 yellows per season, ak-choo-alley, and he's had 4 red cards.
    But I agree he gets too many and while I don't think he's as bad as some people make out, we do need better if we are going to push on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Before the game I'd have said that overall they are a better team.
    After 3 games we were rock bottom while they were top and I never over-reacted to that, I didn't think they were serious title contenders while we were in a relegation battle. But they finished above us last season, beat City without Kane and then when Kane stayed (or rather, failed to leave), it did feel like they were going to be pretty good again this season while we were going to bumble around in mid-table. A few wins from us later, and losses for them, and things now feel very different. Right now I can't call it, there's a long way to go with lots of twists and turns to come. But I was really encouraged (and surprised) by our performance on Sunday. Yes, Spurs were rubbish, but the way we moved the ball forward with pace was very encouraging - something we haven't done consistently for years and we've all been crying out for.
    I'm still undecided about Arteta, but the last few games have certainly bought him some good will and time. We've got the makings of a good young squad so let's see where we are at Christmas, I guess that's the next milestone.
    Ah - I thought you'd lost your mind and thought they were better than us on the day!

Agreed re the jury being still out on where we go from here (and the manager), but at least we can start to hope/believe in the project and there's no doubt that this will be the players' mindset too.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Spurs are no measure of anything. We both flatter to deceive but have the occasional day in the sun. Forget them.

What we’ve seen so far is Arteta’s reign in a nutshell. Good, bad and ugly. I’ve seen enough to feel like he isn’t the man for us but I accept that expectations are different to what they were 10 years ago, so I’m not going to hold this squad to the same standards.

The next few games all look winnable if we apply ourselves correctly, interested to see if we can put together a run of results now.
    Maybe so - but I ain't having any argument that it was 'only' Spurs on Sunday. A NLD is a big game. Simple as. And even bigger on Sunday because so much was riding on the game. It is really encouraging that we came through it like that. If we can't put together a decent run now, we never will under arteta.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Maybe so - but I ain't having any argument that it was 'only' Spurs on Sunday. A NLD is a big game. Simple as. And even bigger on Sunday because so much was riding on the game. It is really encouraging that we came through it like that. If we can't put together a decent run now, we never will under arteta.
    agreed - we let them back into the game late on because Arteta didn't freshen up the side when he should have, even a sh*t Kane nearly scored and we were really on the ropes for 5-10 mins after their goal.

Arteta needs to be wise enough to take some lessons from that late period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Of course it’s a big game but it’s a big game we win at home more often than not.

It was a wonderful win but a marker for something greater? I doubt it but of course live in hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burnley at Turf Moor was probably the game I was most pleased with in this run - after the Brentford game I really worried that they would use the exact same tactics and give the rest of the league a blueprint for playing us, so it was great to see us prepared for it and kill it stone dead. Spuffs showed we can play, but that one showed we know when it's time to scrap.