Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
So you expect us to win every game? We have finished halfway down the table for two seasons running under a novice who happens to still be in charge. Any progress is going to be pretty minimal with him in charge IMO. For all the comments such as "Our standards are so low now", well yeah they are because right now anything better than finishing 8th is an improvement.
I used to expect them to win every game. That was the minimum expectation. I also wanted them to play well in the process and entertain the fans. Expectations cannot always be delivered, but always begin with the intent to win and do it in the right spirit. If every other club has the same intentions then you have a decent league, instead of what we have endured for at least the last decade. But my post was more a reflection of the abusive relationship between the club and the fans. Quality has been allowed to fall off the cliff, with a thousand excuses in attendance. But I notice the cost to fans has not declined, it continues to increase. And now the club doesn't even have enough respect to honour the traditional kit, such is its eagerness to rape the fans - while delivering the odd bout of "glory" from a lake of sewage.

Don't mind me. This is just my transition from fan to jilted lover to comprehensive indifference. Should be done by the end of this season.