User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Partey and the Midfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Partey is proof it doesn’t really matter who we sign anymore. Bring anyone into this sterile club and they’ll swiftly lose whatever talent and drive they previously had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Just to add, I saw the highlights of the Leicester bs ManYoo game this morning.
    That Leicester goal where Maguire just stands there waiting for the ball to come to him while the Leicester player nips in and gets it which led directly to the goal.
    Maguire was what, £80m?! What a fraud.
    He'd been rushed back from injury by his moron of a manager, hard to blame him for that specific game.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Partey is proof it doesn’t really matter who we sign anymore. Bring anyone into this sterile club and they’ll swiftly lose whatever talent and drive they previously had.
    kind of agree, it's hard to forgive the wayward shooting but overall everyone looked pretty aimless yesterday and just making it up as they went along, as usual no plan, no structure

for example Pepe was really bright but ended up being isolated and not able to get as much into the game despite working to track back and defend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same with Martinelli he was in the corner twisting and turning no way through and not one teammate was near to help, not even Tierney and we were 2-1 down at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Same with Martinelli he was in the corner twisting and turning no way through and not one teammate was near to help, not even Tierney and we were 2-1 down at the time.
    yes that was bad, no teamwork at all, the crowd were getting really annoyed at that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    i thought that as well. why wasnt anyone trying to help. it was a risky situation as they couldnt score from there.

but it shows a brittle team. so few want to stand up and be counted.

we have spent alot of money on young players. they will take time to bed in properly. some will be duds and some will be good. do we have patience as fans. would a change of manager make any difference - would a change mean a change of direction and having another couple of years to overhaul the squad.

also what sort of midfielder is partey... i was hoping he was a powerful domineering type but that doesnt seem to be the case. he isnt defensive and he isnt offensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    i thought that as well. why wasnt anyone trying to help. it was a risky situation as they couldnt score from there.

but it shows a brittle team. so few want to stand up and be counted.

we have spent alot of money on young players. they will take time to bed in properly. some will be duds and some will be good. do we have patience as fans. would a change of manager make any difference - would a change mean a change of direction and having another couple of years to overhaul the squad.

also what sort of midfielder is partey... i was hoping he was a powerful domineering type but that doesnt seem to be the case. he isnt defensive and he isnt offensive.
    We miss Xhaka, fact!!
    Also, Arteta has banished Guendouzi to Marseille. Guendouzi is more effective than Partey, Odegaard and Lokonga in my opinion.
    PE Teacher of a manager is failing miserably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    We miss Xhaka, fact!!
    Also, Arteta has banished Guendouzi to Marseille. Guendouzi is more effective than Partey, Odegaard and Lokonga in my opinion.
    PE Teacher of a manager is failing miserably.
    Xhaka = NO

guendouzi though i agree, he had the right spirit and wouldn't be as complacent as we got out there yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished 8th in a row with a fully available Xhaka.

What can we expect this season 10th maybe without him. I doubt it. Missing Xhaka is like missing a huge wart on your face
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Finished 8th in a row with a fully available Xhaka.

What can we expect this season 10th maybe without him. I doubt it. Missing Xhaka is like missing a huge wart on your face
    Exactly, if we've sunk so low as to think a player as bad as that is indispensible, there really is no hope