User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clown World thread: for all the non-thread worthy bullshit going on in today's brave new world

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loathe as I am to agree with you about anything, diversity targets are bullshit.
    They were talking about that at work, quotas in the Senior Leadership Team. I call bullshit on that.
    Positive discrimination is an oxymoron.
    Don’t give me the job because I’m the white heterosexual male, but don’t deny me it because of that either. Give the job to the best person for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Too many white men in the British military

RAF 'pauses job offers for white men' to meet 'impossible' diversity targets

https://news.sky.com/story/raf-pause...rgets-12674409
    Of course if Sky "News" was concerned in any way with real journalism (which it is not), it would verify the following (using two on the record sources) before releasing this latest piece of propaganda.

"There is no pause in Royal Air Force recruitment and no new policy with regards to meeting in-year recruitment requirements,"

Always ask yourself what the purpose of the latest piece of propaganda from the fake news media might be.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone is a hypocrite with regards to this to some degree.
    IMO the changes need to come at governmental level if it's going to make a real difference. Which doesn't mean we shouldn't take any personal action.
    But yeah, I'm not going to stop going on holiday or start walking everywhere. It's just not practical and, frankly, like most people I like the convenience and comfort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    IMO the changes need to come at governmental level if it's going to make a real difference. Which doesn't mean we shouldn't take any personal action.
    But yeah, I'm not going to stop going on holiday or start walking everywhere. It's just not practical and, frankly, like most people I like the convenience and comfort.
    I hear they are making environmentally sustainable jet packs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I hear they are making environmentally sustainable jet packs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    ...a convenience and comfort that will no longer be there once it really kicks in and we start to see water, power and food shortages kick in, plus there won't be anywhere worth flying going to because it affects everywhere

you can go on holiday in this (admittedly increasingly shite) country

yes the real change is needed at government level but I know so many people who claim to care about climate change and yet the next minute it's "oh i popped over to [insert name of country they flew to here] for the weekend" etc - it's got to stop - I haven't flown for eight years

also everyone needs to eat less meat - i'm not vege or vegan but increasingly go for those options when eating (in or out) - and actually discovering in doing so that meat is far from essential for a really good meal, plus i enjoy meat all the more when i do eat it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are right. I certainly agree about the meat thing, we should eat less for our health as much as for the climate.
    But having made work trips to China and India it is tempting to think "oh what's the bloody point?!". Unless they get their act together, and the US too while we're here, it does feel futile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warmists
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    ...a convenience and comfort that will no longer be there once it really kicks in and we start to see water, power and food shortages kick in, plus there won't be anywhere worth flying going to because it affects everywhere

you can go on holiday in this (admittedly increasingly shite) country

yes the real change is needed at government level but I know so many people who claim to care about climate change and yet the next minute it's "oh i popped over to [insert name of country they flew to here] for the weekend" etc - it's got to stop - I haven't flown for eight years

also everyone needs to eat less meat - i'm not vege or vegan but increasingly go for those options when eating (in or out) - and actually discovering in doing so that meat is far from essential for a really good meal, plus i enjoy meat all the more when i do eat it
    No.