User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Manure Match Reaction

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Apparently I am trying to win on the internet according to NQ. I am spreading lies about him.
    My comment wasn't directed at you.
    It wasn't really directed at NQ either, just more of a general exasperation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facts and straight? Oh the irony!

Have you deliberately left out the tories and included an organisation that clearly isn’t racist and two parties that are more left than centre? You are weird.

Meanwhile back on planet earth….
    There's no irony required to go back through the thread and see which version of events matches the sequence of postings.

And we've previously talked about the left and its bitter legacy of racism, which again is verifiable for those who want to look. You didn't want to look, you didn't want to talk.

I'm weird, yeah okay, I'll accept that one. But I'm not weird enough to jab myself up with untested medicine on the guarantees of politicians who are notorious liars. Sure, I don't trust the tories any more than the rest (see the thread dedicated to them). With personal health matters, you kidding me? No way. Which makes it super weird when a drugged up bloke starts taking the piss because I won't take their meds.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently I am trying to win on the internet according to NQ. I am spreading lies about him.
    There you go again, I responded to that notion of you spreading lies about me. Care to quote what I actually said? Don't know why you can't fly straight to make your points. Whatever.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Btw, none of this could ever happen if Arsenal FC didn't allow political statements to be made on the pitch before every game. I believe my post advised those pampered pricks to shut their holes, give it a rest calling everyone racist and actually play some sport.
    I should know better than to engage on this, but...

Is "taking the knee" really calling everyone racist? Isn't it just a recognition that racism is still a thing and that it would be nice if it wasn't?
    The issue of racism has certainly got better in my lifetime, when I was a kid racial slurs and jokes were common.
    But just because it has got better that doesn't mean the problem has solved and nothing more needs doing. I don't think players continuing to highlight that does much harm. But it would be nice if they could kick a football too of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    My comment wasn't directed at you.
    It wasn't really directed at NQ either, just more of a general exasperation
    It's more engaging than that half of football I suffered through.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    untested medicine.
    Is that true?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no irony required to go back through the thread and see which version of events matches the sequence of postings.

And we've previously talked about the left and its bitter legacy of racism, which again is verifiable for those who want to look. You didn't want to look, you didn't want to talk.

I'm weird, yeah okay, I'll accept that one. But I'm not weird enough to jab myself up with untested medicine on the guarantees of politicians who are notorious liars. Sure, I don't trust the tories any more than the rest (see the thread dedicated to them). With personal health matters, you kidding me? No way. Which makes it super weird when a drugged up bloke starts taking the piss because I won't take their meds.
    I haven’t talked about the left with you because I find your political views offensive and warped. If you believe your post wasn’t offensive that’s up to you, I did and that’s why I’ve been calling you out. It’s that simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There you go again, I responded to that notion of you spreading lies about me. Care to quote what I actually said? Don't know why you can't fly straight to make your points. Whatever.
    You used racist words such as nigger to emphasise your point, if you believe that isn’t racist then that’s up to you. It’s no different to the “my best friends sister’s half cousin goes out with a black guy” I’m not racist, after calling someone a racist name. You just do you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's more engaging than that half of football I suffered through.
    Well considering the other day was your first game in a while I’m not surprised

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I should know better than to engage on this, but...

Is "taking the knee" really calling everyone racist? Isn't it just a recognition that racism is still a thing and that it would be nice if it wasn't?
    The issue of racism has certainly got better in my lifetime, when I was a kid racial slurs and jokes were common.
    But just because it has got better that doesn't mean the problem has solved and nothing more needs doing. I don't think players continuing to highlight that does much harm. But it would be nice if they could kick a football too of course.
    Letters this isn’t aimed at you, but speaking as a man of colour it really is quite galling when people who aren’t in the position of me or other BME people comment on racist issues telling us everything is fine now. I can only speak from experience, from having had to deal with daily experiences of racism from the Police and on occasion people in the public.

The main gist behind taking the knee in football hasn’t been dreamt up out of nowhere, many BME players have been racially abused in games and on social media over the past few years, it’s a big problem and need stamping out. If taking the knee is one way of expressing the dissatisfaction then so be it. Honestly it is not nice being abused racially or prejudiced merely because you have different colour skin!

I have an issue with NQ’s views because not only are they ignorant, but he talks as if he understands what a BME goes through, he has no fuckin idea and it’s ignorant of him to assume otherwise.
    Last edited by selassie; 09-12-2021 at 12:32 PM.