User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Manure Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I should know better than to engage on this, but...

Is "taking the knee" really calling everyone racist? Isn't it just a recognition that racism is still a thing and that it would be nice if it wasn't?
    The issue of racism has certainly got better in my lifetime, when I was a kid racial slurs and jokes were common.
    But just because it has got better that doesn't mean the problem has solved and nothing more needs doing. I don't think players continuing to highlight that does much harm. But it would be nice if they could kick a football too of course.
    It's a political statement, not some altruistic endeavour. And if you don't believe that then you might recall all four corners of the Emirates decked out in BLM banners for months, even after BLM was throughly discredited. Anyone remember Viv Anderson? Compare the game now to the game then. But the message is, it's never enough. No good deed will go unpunished and every apology signifies new guilt. It's divisive and it's insidious and it's entirely unnecessary in a sport that has many, many bigger problems. When will the players be taking a knee to protest Qatar, I wonder? Or will they reluctantly be gouging each other's eyes out for a seat on the plane?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Is that true?
    We'll know in 2076.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I haven’t talked about the left with you because I find your political views offensive and warped. If you believe your post wasn’t offensive that’s up to you, I did and that’s why I’ve been calling you out. It’s that simple.
    My political views are offensive and warped? Mine? I feel there's little point pursuing that so I'll simply say I haven't blown any kids to pieces recently or stolen billions from the poor to give to the rich. I wonder if there's a single western leader in the last few decades who can say as much. So, I suppose, yes, my politics may be warped in that regard, but offensive? I don't see it.

If the language used in getting a point across was offensive, I already acknowledged all responses. Maybe watching Chapelle has had a bad influence on me. I forgot that some people can use certain words liberally but others can't. Sometimes the word is funny, sometimes it is super cool but other times it is bad, full stop and regardless of intent. It's difficult to keep track of all the rules. Not being white myself I sometimes think I have certain privileges which maybe I don't after all.

If you genuinely believe I used those words to express some form of racial superiority over a group of people well I can see why that would offend. Fortunately that's not the case.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    My political views are offensive and warped? Mine? I feel there's little point pursuing that so I'll simply say I haven't blown any kids to pieces recently or stolen billions from the poor to give to the rich. I wonder if there's a single western leader in the last few decades who can say as much. So, I suppose, yes, my politics may be warped in that regard, but offensive? I don't see it.

If the language used in getting a point across was offensive, I already acknowledged all responses. Maybe watching Chapelle has had a bad influence on me. I forgot that some people can use certain words liberally but others can't. Sometimes the word is funny, sometimes it is super cool but other times it is bad, full stop and regardless of intent. It's difficult to keep track of all the rules. Not being white myself I sometimes think I have certain privileges which maybe I don't after all.

If you genuinely believe I used those words to express some form of racial superiority over a group of people well I can see why that would offend. Fortunately that's not the case.
    More shite spouted from the man wearing the underpants face mask.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We'll know in 2076.
    Joke's on you, I'll be long dead by then anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    More shite spouted from the man wearing the underpants face mask.
    Now that IS weird. Why the face mask bit? Have I given you some indication I use them? Isn't that the sort of thing the covidians do as opposed to normal people? Anyway, thought it was strange you mentioned it.

As for the rest, which bit did you think was shite? Let me guess - all of it. I guess that makes you right and me wrong. Well done.
    Für eure Sicherheit