User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Arsenal v Southampton, 3pm Sat 11 December

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I did read something about him sodding off to Barcelona to get a tattoo?
    He can piss off if that’s so.
    Apparently he was given permission to leave the country but reported back late (again). Didnt realise it was for a tattoo though, that's a bit ridiculous given current climate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. I don’t know if it’s true, but he really shouldn’t be captain.
    I never think a striker should be captain anyway, he’s never struck me as captain material and he’s not even playing well.

In other news, I saw the highlights and after a shaky start it all looked comfortable enough and could have been more of a thumping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what the Athletic says about it:

"In the wake of Arsenal’s 2-1 defeat against Everton, Aubameyang sought permission to travel to France. His intention was to visit his mother, and bring her back with him to England....

... Aubameyang was granted permission to travel to France on Tuesday and return to England on Wednesday, in order to report for training on Thursday.

Aubameyang did not return on Wednesday. Instead, he caught an early flight on Thursday morning before reporting to London Colney. Sources suggest he was on time for training, but as far as Arsenal were concerned, the infraction had already occurred.

The problem was compounded by confusion regarding the COVID-19 protocols. Aubameyang underwent a test in France prior to returning to the UK and believed that would be sufficient for him to resume training immediately on Thursday. Under current guidance, however, a PCR test is required before returning to a place of work in England.

Some have suggested that the intricacies of the testing implications could have been better communicated to Aubameyang by the club: since the start of the pandemic, footballers have operated under a number of different protocols, sometimes even permitted to travel freely thanks to elite sport exemptions. Such an exemption would not, of course, be applicable when travelling to deal with a personal matter.

The club, however, believe the parameters within which Aubameyang’s trip were permitted were very clear, and that he simply failed to meet them. Aubameyang was told not to report to London Colney for Arsenal’s training session on Friday. Instead, he trained at home in order to maintain his fitness...

...After a picture of Aubameyang undergoing a tattoo with a Barcelona-based tattoo artist was posted on Instagram, speculation on social media suggested that may have been a factor in causing Arteta’s opprobrium. The Athletic understands the tattoo is of no relevance to the matter at hand. It was a scheduled appointment, which took place in London, and would have gone ahead regardless of Aubameyang’s participation in training or the game."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever happened I think we can all agree he is not captain material at all. Weak as hell, it’s like being led into battle by a poodle.