User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Arsenal v Manchester City. 12:30pm. 1/1/22

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    The biggest clowns are those who think an Arsenal team can achieve anything of substance with that shithead Xhaka in the team. He was wearing the captain's armband against City. Disgusting.
    Losing the ball when it's easier to retain it is a much bigger problem than anything Xhaka gets up to. They were all doing it. A simple pass, a simple cross, a slight injection of pace that caused panic, a throw-in to nowhere, so many times. Especially towards the end where that match was still winnable because the gypos were so lethargic at the back. Just a few considered passes or a bit of sense from players who had space but didn't exploit it. Very frustrating to watch. The old Arsenal would have ripped that gypo side a new one.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Losing the ball when it's easier to retain it is a much bigger problem than anything Xhaka gets up to. They were all doing it. A simple pass, a simple cross, a slight injection of pace that caused panic, a throw-in to nowhere, so many times. Especially towards the end where that match was still winnable because the gypos were so lethargic at the back. Just a few considered passes or a bit of sense from players who had space but didn't exploit it. Very frustrating to watch. The old Arsenal would have ripped that gypo side a new one.
    You do realise we were down to 10 men?

For all my criticisms of Arsenal we played really well against City, ripped them to shreads in that first half, best I've seen Arsenal play since peak Wenger and one of the best displays I have seen in PL this season from any team.

We lost our way a bit with 10 men but still put in a very credible performance. For all of our faults over the past what 10 years...we seem to have really improved recently, we look a legitimate top 4 or top 4 challenging side, first time in years. Here's hoping we can maintain the current level of performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    You do realise we were down to 10 men?

For all my criticisms of Arsenal we played really well against City, ripped them to shreads in that first half, best I've seen Arsenal play since peak Wenger and one of the best displays I have seen in PL this season from any team.

We lost our way a bit with 10 men but still put in a very credible performance. For all of our faults over the past what 10 years...we seem to have really improved recently, we look a legitimate top 4 or top 4 challenging side, first time in years. Here's hoping we can maintain the current level of performance.
    actually we had a corner near the end which ESR made a complete ballsup of, if he'd put a good ball in we'd have been the ones on 2-1 and maybe could've held out, who knows.